shiny objects UPDATED: see pg 2

rudefyet

ok...i spent a few hours on this...and got only one wheel done

but here ya go

Before

DSC00631.JPG

After

DSC00635.JPG

It still isn't looking as shiny as i'd like it..even after 2000 grit...anyone know of any wicked polish that i can buy at a store?

My rims look like that first picture you posted. I'm pretty set on painting them white this summer. I have like 8 of that rim style, so IF I don't like 'em, I'm not out of luck.

Why don't you just get some chrome plated custom wheels? Polishing stock wheels just looks like shit, almost as bad as painting them. :lol: Sorry to be so blunt, but thats just how it is. New wheels probably aren't as much as you think they are. Check around for prices. Just remember a bolt pattern of 5x115 will fit a 5x4.5 wheel, that might save you some money.

well i seriously doubt the 5 dollars to my name will get any "custom" rims

I used to be inot the friggin huge 18" chrome rims...but you think maybe some people wanna retain they're stock wheels...and the comment that polishing stock wheels looks like shit? Just look at Black90Euro's...I doubt you'll find few if any people on this board that think those look like "shit"

We're not all made of money here...i have to worry about college not rims....i'm just doing my best to make my stock car look as good as possible without spending any money...if i want custom rims i'lll put em' on a car worth more then the rims unlike my GP

Word.. Any Ideas on my rims? I can post picson the severityof them.. I want them to look great.. They are in rough shape..

Well the only hard part is getting the layer of paint and crud off em' first...without scratching the metal up too bad

That's why i've got only one wheel done :lol:

I need to get a workin on the other three...so somebody tell me to get of my ass and go polish my goddamn wheels :lol:

Why don't you just get some chrome plated custom wheels? Polishing stock wheels just looks like shit, almost as bad as painting them. :lol: Sorry to be so blunt, but thats just how it is. New wheels probably aren't as much as you think they are. Check around for prices. Just remember a bolt pattern of 5x115 will fit a 5x4.5 wheel, that might save you some money.

Your definition of polishing might look "like shit," mine surely doesn't. I'm going to "hi-polish"(ie: make them look like chrome) the stock wheels on my 93 sometime when I get a chance to, I've done numerous aluminum pieces for people now and I'm damn good at it. :wink: I plan to bead blast the clearcoat off my wheels @ the shop before I start on them so I don't have to resort to other methods to remove the clearcoat.

well i seriously doubt the 5 dollars to my name will get any "custom" rims

I used to be inot the friggin huge 18" chrome rims...but you think maybe some people wanna retain they're stock wheels...and the comment that polishing stock wheels looks like shit? Just look at Black90Euro's...I doubt you'll find few if any people on this board that think those look like "shit"

We're not all made of money here...i have to worry about college not rims....i'm just doing my best to make my stock car look as good as possible without spending any money...if i want custom rims i'lll put em' on a car worth more then the rims unlike my GP

Thanks for the comments :worship: .. They were a lot of work , and they look like chrome when clean , I looked at some aftermarket wheels and the ones I liked were VERY expensive ! So I polished these ... and was very Happy the way they turned out. I've see cars where the rims are like $3k and the car was worth $500 :lol:

And I think You have a Nice car ... once you polish them up with that blue magic they will SHINE!!!

peace , Mark

And now drumroll please...

the finished product...minus a lot of figerprints and some fine scratches

polished and painted...picture don't do it much justice though

DSC00660.JPG

gimme a day or two to finish the rest and i'll put em' back on the car and take some pics :twisted:

that...also...if you could...put alot more light on em!

jon

lol i will i will

i'm gonna wait and take pics with all of them done on the car and everything will be perfectly clean...gotta warm up first though

edit:

here's one with more light but the wheel is already covered with dust again lol

DSC00661.JPG

Man, that kicks ass! I am SOO doing that to mine.. Although it's going to be a pain in the ass because they are in such shitty condition

Ahahaha... Sorry mark! Whats up my man? :lol: :lol: :lol: lol.. I didnt even see your post!

Hiya's no problem-o --- doing good you? :)

Im doin great.. My new console will be here by week's end, and my new Cadillac exhaust tips are polished (After 50+ hours of polishing!) I cleaned my trunk out, and that pretty much it for now.. Still lookin for the L67 for my 6000 though!