I have the hook up on rear and front coil over system...

simplyburgundy

Check this out. I have hooked up enough suspensions both normally aspirated, hydraulic and air. So I know what im doing. I went to FFP and saw there coil over setup. Well its a put together. ther was no science behind it at all. They simply gathered components from different sources and came up with a decent poduct which doesnt really bother me at all.

For you guys with gr2 already or even monroe struts. I can sell you the same kits with out gr-2's for $220. Im really not comfortale with the online ordering, and would like westcoast orders. Actually I can do one better. Bump the price. Ill just tell you guys how to get your hands on the pieces. Itl only come out to being about $180 to $230 depending on the size and spring rate you want.

For springs you have 2 choices of vendors....

Kragen(PartsAmerica).com or Pitstopusa.com

Kragen: Springs are $80.99 +tx with spring rates from 150 to 300 pounds.

Pitstopusa: As low as $38.88 each depending on application

Now go to coil over replacement parts....

Here you will find coil over sleeves for the coil over springs. These are the milk and butter, they are responsible for lowering or raising the height of your ride. You have a choice of either 5'' height adjustments or 7" height adjustments. Pick you paricular brand and your good to go. Also for Gr2 guys go out side and measure the outside diameter of your shocks. Write down front and rears. You will need this to pick which size sleeves. For 2 inch struts use sleeves with atleast a 2.5 inside diameter. Now these kits come with a sick lil spring top perch. Once again it depends on your taste and/pr budget.

If you have any more question feel free to hit me up.

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/qmorton58/detail?.dir=/9353&.dnm=3857.jpg

"Q-Deemo"

Hawthorne, CA

:) ....You can get the GR's but i was simply showing how you can piece together your own kit. I talked with FFP and they gave me there specs. The only thing that will not be able to get is there upper mount. But the sleeves from pitstopusa.com comes with several different styles (chrome to black to triangular to flat).

And also yes you cant go wrong just make sure for w body cars get springs rated at 250 and up...250 being kinda soft. Thats for the rear. The front will use atleast a 350 rated spring....or less for lighter cars.

Any questions please feel free to ask.

I got the cutty convert, which is one of the heavier wbodys, and if i want coilovers, that also improve cornering and help with better launches, what kind of spring would i need?

Check it out many people think that only the rear springs are critical. Wrong. You need both because rigth after you launch.....your rear springs kicks the rear end in up causing the front to bottom resulting in poor traction.

If the total weight on the rear wheels is about 1300 to 1600 pounds go for atleast a 350 to 375 rear spring maybe even 400 if you are really cranking out some serious ponies. For the front you dont go stiff. Or you will be see-sawing 1/8 a mile down the track. Go about 275 to 300.

U just gotta test them out ....until u find the ones that consistant ly kick ass. But remeber the stiffer they are the worst they are at streetability. Those numbers are for the track.