WHATS YOUR OPINION ON THESE STOCK CUTLASS RIMS?

90KUTTY

I don't like anything less than the stock 5spokes on mine, I love em', couldn't be any better for this car as far as stock rims go, and no IMO the GP 5's don't look better on the cutty, but that's MO

Also I'd have to say AWeb80's cutty looks good with them...probably the best looking cutty i've seen with those rims

Thanks Brian and Rudefyet, I was starting to wonder about all the negativity....I mean, do they really look that bad?

CNXT0014.JPG

Now that looks pretty good to me.

I never cared for these pie-cut wheels because they have little depth, very few openings, and that makes them look kinda like hubcaps.

They are also a bitch to clean! Those little vents are a huge PITA.

Not to mention the sharp edges have hurt my fingers many times when trying to clean them. They aren't sharp enough to cut, but are sharp enough to hurt.

I think they are a lot better looking than the sawblades though. Those look a LOT like hubcaps.

Not to mention the sharp edges have hurt my fingers many times when trying to clean them. They aren't sharp enough to cut, but are sharp enough to hurt.

O my God that is Funny, What a Pussy........ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

Hard to clean? I think the only thing easier to clean would be those hubcaps on Ice cube's POS grand Prix.

Maybe cause I have the darker grey inserts on my wheels, but I just swipe over the wheel twice with a wash brush and just push the brush into the 5 openings....now the starfish wheels: if you don't have a long bristle brush, then that's 10 friggin holes to clean PER wheel.

I agree. The multi-spoke (cross-lace, starfish or whatever) I have are a BITCH to clean. Its easy to wipe down the outside face of the wheel. Its something entirely different to clean between each of the many "spokes" on the wheel. Without good wheel cleaner, I'd still be out there scrubbing them.

Wow, nice finish on those wheels, Brian! I hear ya about not cleaning inside the spokes everytime. The only reason I do is cuz without the wheels clean the whole car looks like ass, and thats the only way to really get the wheels looking clean. Makes me want those I-series wheels even more!

Hard to clean? I think the only thing easier to clean would be those hubcaps on Ice cube's POS grand Prix.

Am I the only one that feels the need to have to clean inside those vents?

There is always brake dust in there and I have to use a rag and the tip of my finger to clean the corners out.

The 3-spoke wheels Penny has on her 88, now those are easy to clean.

I think they do need to be 2 tone. At least from a picture or distance. I actually never noticed them before. Just the cross laced and saw blades. I like the look of the cross lace but they sure are complex for cleaning or refinishing. I think most of the wheels from that period fit the cars pretty well. Todays factory wheels Im not warming to very well. It took a few months to like the LSS wheels, now I like them alot.

haha...starfish looking like hubcaps. I kinda agree. But....oh well. I am waiting and savnig for a 5 spoke et one day...but to me, some sedans just dont look right with them.

I do clean ever hole though. Its coming to the time for me to do a big detail again, and then, i pull each tire, spray it down, rub it all down....then put some paint polish and wax on them.

jon

hey bluegp do me a favor and do that with this pic and the one in my sig

OK, here ya go. Sorry they're not the best -- I need to go to bed. By the way, that first pic is depressing -- everything is dead looking!

image-display?photo_id=2149155&size=lg

image-display?photo_id=2149156&size=lg