Cutlass Differences?

DOHCRagtopguy

There is a 91 or 92 Cutlass SL Coupe for sale by where I work. I'm not sure if it's an International or a regular SL. It does have the DOHC with an automatic. What its the differnce between the years and the appearance package? It has the optional wheels and the silver section under the door. On the door is says Cutlass Supreme SL. Just curious, I don't see too many of these, I may sell the wife's 92 Euro Sedan for this Olds. We like the performance of the 3.4 DOHC motors.

The SL is supposed to be more luxury based, were the the International is supposed to be more perfomanced based. 5speedz34 is right if its not got the International badges its not a International. But hell if its got the 3.4 in it and the FE3 suspension under it what more could you want other then a 5 speed in it. :D

for some reason...i thought it was backwards...SL was more sport than inttl for luxuary. But...back then, i think there were even bases. The 88itl at my work looks more like lux than sport....

jon

for some reason...i thought it was backwards...SL was more sport than inttl for luxuary. But...back then, i think there were even bases. The 88itl at my work looks more like lux than sport....

jon

Nope, Int'l is top of the line, most options, best engine for that year, best exhaust for that year, widest tires for that year, and best suspension for that year.

SL has fewer options, except in years where Int'l was gone, SL then became the top of the line.

I say check the badging and take a closer look, usually theres some type of identification btween the two models, i agree with the other guy if its got the DOHC engine in it what else can you want other than the 5-spd.