front brakes

per0781

Well it's that time again. Time for new brake pads and rotors in the front. I'm gonna buy them from http://www.nationalfleetparts.com . The pads will be Performance Friciton-Z-rated and the rotors will be SP Performance Cross drilled brake rotors. Does anyone have these on their cars? Any reasons why I shouldn't get these? Thanx in advance.

From what I understand with cross drilled rotors, it is much better at dissipating the heat and good for brakes. It is also good when the brakes are wet during rain.

The only thing that I would be concerned is the brake pads. The "harder the brake pads is, the rotor wears out faster. The softer the pad is, the rotor wears out slowly but you have to replace the pads often.

I'd rather replace the pads often than replacing the rotors and pads sooner.

I use AC Delco pads, and the cheapest rotors I can find. I got 80,000 kilometers out of the last set of pads, warped the rotors a couple of times but I can machine them myself at work...