Upgrading suspension/chassis components

ikessky

Has anyone here had experience with any of the suspension/chassis upgrades for the W's? I was looking at the Regal parts on 3800performance.com and was wondering if any of them were worth the money. I'm talking about the BMR products. Are there any cheaper alternatives that will yeild similar results? My '01 Century was definitely not made to be a performance car, but I would like it to handle a little better than it does.

Also, what are my options for new struts? I found a set of adjustable Koni's (fully assembled units with lowering springs) for around $850-900. I have a pair of KYB struts on my other car (N-body) and don't really like how they ride for some reason.

I'm open to any ideas and advice!!! :)

friend of mine got the whole polyurethane bushing suspension kit from RSM on his cutty and it made a big difference. I am thinking of getting them now but still seems high priced. better handling, and cornering, surefootedness, we were takin' curves 5mph faster than before when the tires would start to screech.

the bushings replace every single rubber bushing in your suspension, it would take a long time with jacks and our tools to have done it but we could have, he just took it to a speed shop and they had it done inna couple hrs.

Take a Century to a Speed shop :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure the mechanics would be like :roll:

And what do they say about 1990 Euro Luminas? :roll: Just joking mainly.....

Anyway, I would be installing all the components along with my new engine in my garage. This way, no one sees it and no one knows what I'm running until they get their doors blown off! :twisted:

At least its a coupe :lol:

A sleeper Century, I hope you do it for real though

Ah, you got me there! :D

I love sleepers! I probably won't do the engine swap for quite a while. I'll mod the 3100 for now and see how long it lasts. I'll be upgrading components as they need it. It may take a while, but I have the go-ahead from the powers-that-be (my wife!).