Car almost dies in reverse...

90KUTTY

When pulling out my driveway or any parking lot in reverse the car wants to die all the lights dim then I throw it into drive and everything is fine, thought it might be the IAC so I cleaned it no improvement, anyone got any ideas?

Probably just wiring issues when the engine moves (a little bit) when in reverse. It could the positive wiring near the fuel pump relay/fuse. Check the sparkplug wires to make sure they are not rubbing to anything when the transmission is on reverse.

Apply the emergency brake and put bricks on all four wheels to prevent it from moving. Open the hood and have someone start the engine (with emergency brake engaged) and have them put the engine in reverse and watch how the engine moves and how far it moves and find out if there is any obvious movement of any electrical wiring or components. Compare how the engine behaves when the transmission is put on drive.

When you're reversing and it almost dies, are your wheels turned? Or are you backing out in a straight line?

If they're turned, mine does the same thing sometimes, and I'm 90% sure it's either the IAC not responding quickly enough, or it's the Power Steering Pressure Switch.

The Power Steering Pressure Switch tells the ECM to raise the idle when it senses a heavy steering load...

If I don't push on the gas and let the car roll back under its own power it doesn't want to die only when I give it gas, and the movement of the engine might be it, but im sure the engine moves the same when I switch from park to reverse, ect.