7000K Low beam bulbs...

jeremy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36476&item=2459913947

has anyone tried these? if so, what do you think? I think that Silverstars are only 5200K, so these should be blueish in color...

Silverstars are in the neighborhood of 4000K I believe. There is no way for the 'average' person to measure the Kelvin rating of a bulb... I doubt that the standard halogen bulb will reach 7000K. This chart I found is kinda interesting.. showing how the kelvin color relates to 'normal daytime lighting' Don't know the legitimacy of this..

Yellow:

1500 k Candlelight

2700-2900 k Yellow painted fog halogen bulbs

-------------------------------

Yellowish white:

3200 k Sunrise/sunset

3200 k Premium H7 non painted halogen bulb

3400 k 1 hour from dusk/dawn

-------------------------------

White:

5500 k Bright sunny daylight around noon

----------------

Blueish white

5500-5600 k Electronic photo flash

6500-7500 k Overcast sky

-----------------

Blue:

9000-12000 k Blue sky

-----------------

Purple:

28000 Northern sky

12000-30000 k Ultra Violet light (black light)

that is really good info and it seems correct, on a side note, I highly doubt that the seller measured the temp himself, the package says 7000K.....might be worth the $15....one silverstar is $20....

that is really good info and it seems correct, on a side note, I highly doubt that the seller measured the temp himself, the package says 7000K.....might be worth the $15....one silverstar is $20....

Yeah I'm not saying he did measure it... I'm just saying that the manufactorer could put next to anything on there as the normal consumer has absolutely no way of measuring. Only one way to find out how good they are..

Personally, I don't see the point.

I can spot a fake easily, every time. So can my wife, so I figure most people probably can.

The bluish light doesn't buy you anything visibility-wise. Those bulbs just let people know that you wish you had HID, but couldn't afford it.

The bluish light doesn't buy you anything visibility-wise. Those bulbs just let people know that you wish you had HID, but couldn't afford it.

Do the make real HID's for our cars??? I know I can get a kit for my eclipse...only around $500, but I haven't seen anything for W's...

Sure, you can get a generic Chinese 9006 kit for about $300 on Ebay.

How your beam pattern will come out is questionable, but they do have real HID capsules that directly replace a 9006 bulb.

my truck has a HID conversion kit, and i'll tell you, its unbeleivable how much brighter HID is then just upgrading the bulb. i put silverstar in my car, but the stock lamp, and not half as bright.

my truck has a HID conversion kit, and i'll tell you, its unbeleivable how much brighter HID is then just upgrading the bulb. i put silverstar in my car, but the stock lamp, and not half as bright.

No kidding.. a buddy of mine put them in his Accord. I thought it was a waste of money until I actually SAW them. WOW worth every cent.