A Sad Weekend For The Lumi

Baddflash

I feel so bad for my poor car. Friday night at a buddy's drinking we decide to get the paintball gun out and plaster my cousin's truck, with his consent of course. Anyway I wanted my car backed up and he offered to, he backs it up with the door open and caught it on the snow bank and bent the door forward!!!!!! Needless to say my door and fender are seriously f*^$ed up.

So Sunday I go quading which was great but hard work cause we should have brought ski-doo's. We get back to my buddy's at 9:30 that night to find my headlight smashed out. A friend of there's came over to get their son and when backing up hit my car with his ski-doo trailer. So he beat the hood in smashed the lens broke all the retainers/adjusters I can't see if the header panel is broke or not, the side marker is smashed too!!!

WTF do people just hate my f*#ing car or what. I haven't talked to their friend yet but there's no way in hell I'm fixing this. Needless to say I'm quite pissed about all this and just needed to vent a little, thanks I feel better now!!!

Thank God it was the beater, I'm so glad I parked the other one.

Was it the 89 Lumina?

yeah, built June of 89'

I already replaced the headlight and adjusters cost $17 cdn. I pounded the hood out a bit, but I can always swap it for the old one off the 90'. I still need a new lens for the side marker but I replaced the bulb. The windshield is cracked by the drivers side hood hinge, the header panel is cracked in a bunch of spots too. I also need a new drivers door but I'm gonna try to find one the same color so I don't have to paint it.

Just talked to buddy and he said he'd pay for everything so I need to figure out how much to charge him. I can always get him to repaint the hood if I decide to replace it.

Sure it a '90 model but the car was built in '89 and had it been released before '90 like in '88 or something it would be and '89 would it not. As far as I know a car produced in the 9th month or latter is considered the year latter ie. 9/89 = '90 anything 8th month or earlier is of that year 6/89 = '89. I put it down as '89 cause I think it makes the car unique as it was a pre-production model making it one of the first lumina's bulit and I haven't found anyone else with a lumina built before the cut-off date of 9/89.

Guest Anonymous
Sure it a '90 model but the car was built in '89 and had it been released before '90 like in '88 or something it would be and '89 would it not. As far as I know a car produced in the 9th month or latter is considered the year latter ie. 9/89 = '90 anything 8th month or earlier is of that year 6/89 = '89. I put it down as '89 cause I think it makes the car unique as it was a pre-production model making it one of the first lumina's bulit and I haven't found anyone else with a lumina built before the cut-off date of 9/89.

Whatever, it's your parts car. I'm not gonna argue. :lol:

Then its not one of the first cuz mine is 167303, if it was one of the first it would be like 000001

I didn't mean it was one of the first like 000001 I said that cause it's a pre-production model that's what I meant by one of the first.

Chev probably used a couple thousand up for themselves seeing as the had them in '87 or earlier.

What month was your car built?