94-96 GP gauges in my '97 Cutty??? PICS NOW INSIDE..

jeremy

can a 94-96 GP cluster be directly swapped into a 95-97 cutty?? they look almost identical in dimensions, but the GP cluster lights up red and has overlays that are made for it.....does anyone know if this can be done for sure?

thanks in advance.

Aren't the gas and temp gauges opposite each other in these cars?

In my CS the temp is on the left and the fuel is on the far right. I thought when I drove a GTP that it was opposite that.

Aren't the gas and temp gauges opposite each other in these cars?

nope, but the '97+ GP has the gas gauge is on the left .....pic from the gauge overlays on ebay for the 94-96 GP

PON-GPX-9496-SVGW-XXXX-RVGX.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Slick giving me a great deal on his cluster and even dropping it off while driving through, I was able to get the answer to my question....the cluster is a direct swap and the layout is identical. I will post pics tomorrow of the GP cluster in my cutty....now when I get some time and some spare change I can get the white overlays....

pics will be posted tomorrow....

but wouldn't that white overlay fit onto the cutty gauges? Well, maybe not now that I look closer b/c the tach goes up to 8k.

Yeah I want to see pics of the GP gauges in the cutty!!

but wouldn't that white overlay fit onto the cutty gauges? Well, maybe not now that I look closer b/c the tach goes up to 8k.

Yeah I want to see pics of the GP gauges in the cutty!!

they overlay should fit the cutty guages perfectly, the faces of GP ones are exactly the same dimensions.....the cutty tach goes to 8K too...

Slick: I forgot how much I liked the red lighting of pontiacs, it made me miss my fiero...it matched my cd deck perfectly....to keep it red I would have to find a pontiac climate control system that I would have to mod to work in the cutty ......I wish I could get white faces and still keep the red lighting.....

did everything plug right in also? And everything work just fine?

Now i just need to find a cluster with the same miles (or close as possible). Id really like to see some pics. I really wish we could get some of the other stuff like oil presure and what not...our old lumina even had it!

Jon

did everything plug right in also? And everything work just fine?

Now i just need to find a cluster with the same miles (or close as possible). Id really like to see some pics. I really wish we could get some of the other stuff like oil presure and what not...our old lumina even had it!

Jon

plugged right in, took me a total of 15 minutes to do the swap...I brought my digital camera to work, but I forgot the cables, so it will have to be tomorrow....

does anyone know if this would work in lieu of my climate control??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50459&item=2462884227

Slick: I forgot how much I liked the red lighting of pontiacs, it made me miss my fiero...it matched my cd deck perfectly....to keep it red I would have to find a pontiac climate control system that I would have to mod to work in the cutty ......I wish I could get white faces and still keep the red lighting.....

I dont see why you couldn't keep the red lighting, alot of guys over at f-body.com are buying overlays for there T/A's/Firebirds and theres keep the stock lighting. They got em from Macewen Motorsports.

I have seen some one with the white overlays that Macewen offers but our cars aren't listed on their site. I need to find the shifter, HVAC, and lighting overlays in white. Does anyone know were to get them? I have seen them in a Prix before on Cardomain

well here are the pics of them installed.....the last pic is a quick pic I took of the Clarion cd changer I installed last night because I was bored, I should have taken a final pic with the trim piece installed....the changer display looks great and fills up the cubby hole nicely...the pic doesn't do the final product justice, a better/final pic will follow sometime soon.

270861_85_full.jpg

270861_86_full.jpg

270861_84_full.jpg

270861_87_full.jpg

270861_88_full.jpg

and the cd changer display ....

270861_91_full.jpg

Jeremy: If you find a GP Climate control, do you think that your going to be selling the one out of your cutty? If so, let's talk.

--Jeremy

no problem, if I can find a dual/digital climate control with red lighting that works, I will let you know....I am not sure if you can directly swap in the digital/dual climate to a cutty with the standard controls though......

Ok....now this may sound stupid/illegal...but if i got one of those, can it be changed to show my correct milage?

also...what kind of CD changer is that...or is that just the control unit?

jon

Ok....now this may sound stupid/illegal...but if i got one of those, can it be changed to show my correct milage?

also...what kind of CD changer is that...or is that just the control unit?

jon

you can swap the odometer wheels, which I think that I might do this weekend, if I decide to keep the red one, or I will just get the guage faces for the cutty cluster so my odometer would be correct still......that is the control unit for the changer, it is a Clarion...I had it in the basement and I decided to throw it in last night....

you can swap the odometer wheels, which I think that I might do this weekend, if I decide to keep the red one

I'd definately do that. You don't need 137,xxx miles on your cutty.