Flowmaster

93CutlassSupreme

this morning i got the duals put on

the shop replaced the stock muffler with a 40 series flowmaster, and then split the exhaust before the muffler and ran another pipe to the other side of the car, for $125.40. they wanted $60 for stainless tips though, so i just went to murrey's and got two stainless steel tips for $17 a piece

it rumbles at idle through about 3000 rpm, after 3 grand it screams. i would have to say this is the best mod i've ever done, along with the best $165 i've ever spent. i haven't been on the freeway yet, but the gas is a little more touchy from a stop.

can anyone tell me how to post pics so i can show you guys what it looks like?

can anyone tell me how to post pics so i can show you guys what it looks like?

Glad to hear that they sound good! :D I should be getting some on my Euro pretty soon.

To post a pic use the following code...

b]www.thelinktoyourpic.com[b]

That is it, just make sure that you have what's in bold and you'll be fine.

-bRad

hey i got a 3100 CS 2-door wit the single exhaust, I WANT DUALS! but i dont got much cash and i dont really want the sound of a Chevelle unless i put a V8 in it. (they got a kit for that, ive seen it, it cost $5500 with a northstar 5.0) any suggestions?? keep in mind i want my CS to stay a quiet car

hey i got a 3100 CS 2-door wit the single exhaust, I WANT DUALS! but i dont got much cash and i dont really want the sound of a Chevelle unless i put a V8 in it. (they got a kit for that, ive seen it, it cost $5500 with a northstar 5.0) any suggestions?? keep in mind i want my CS to stay a quiet car

I'll assume you just want the appearance of dual exhaust as a *real* dual exhaust is not very feasible coming off a transversely mounted(FWD) engine..although it is possible. Anyways, just get an exhaust shop to reuse your stock piping and make a "y pipe" near the rear of the car(like stock "dual" setups are..search the board, I'm sure you'll find pictures of a stock setup) and put two mufflers of your choice on the car. You can buy things like super turbo mufflers that would sound decent for really cheap at most auto parts stores or you can browse for a wide variety of mufflers on the internet at Summit Racing, Jegs, BigExhaust.com, etc.....

i put a muffler on the other side now.......my pops kept on bitching about it being part straight pipe.....anyways, the exhaust splits into two mufflers, and into two pipes

it still sounds great

screw anyone who says flowmasters sound like shit.......they sound great!

my 3.1 sounds like its got a 5.0L in it with my flowmaster

Yeah he isn't blowing any exhaust up your ass. Trust me :lol: I have flowmaster on my 3.4. That combined with no cat makes it sound pretty badass!

my 3.1 sounds like its got a 5.0L in it with my flowmaster

Yeah he isn't blowing any exhaust up your ass. Trust me :lol: I have flowmaster on my 3.4. That combined with no cat makes it sound pretty badass!

i really meant ASG 5.0 not wussy ford sounds.......... but yea........ no cat was obnoxious on my car................. no s-pipe anymore just a hi flow cat and a loud ass flowmaster

I've got a 93 Euro with the 3.1...I had a local muffler shop chop off the original and eliminate that U-bend that snakes up over the rear suspension...that way he could come under the middle of the rear leaf and make a true Y-pipe...we then added Cherry Bomb glasspacks to both sides and some ChevelleSS type oval chrome tips...the whole smash came to $285, which I thought was sweet. The car sounds great at idle and has a nice rumble when pulling off and at cruising speeds...the bark is a little on the loud side at WOT, but I try not to be doing that too much anyhow. I found out the hard way (tickets) that if the only time it sounds really good is when I stand on it, then I tend to do that too often! :lol: