Flowmaster

93CutlassSupreme

my birthday is march 1st, and i'm gonna have some money for a change. i'd like to buy a flowmaster muffler and install it myself, because my current muffler is just clamped on. anyways, does anyone know the inlet and outlet pipe sizes, and muffler size dimensions on a 93 Cutty 3.1 liter single exhaust, so i know what size muffler to get?

also, the muffler is mounted higher than the bumper, so there is a downwards s-pipe from the muffler outlet to under the bumper. on a new muffler, is the outlet pipe long enough to just clamp on a s-pipe, or would i have to weld one on? i know how to weld but currently i have no access to welding equipment.

help on either problem would be nice

thanks

Well first off happy birthday! I'm not sure on the diameter on your car, but I'm sure that it would be the same on all first gen W-bodies with the 3.1L. I don't see why it would be any different. And I can't measure mine cause I don't have any mufflers on my 3.1. :wink:

my birthday is march 1st, and i'm gonna have some money for a change. i'd like to buy a flowmaster muffler and install it myself, because my current muffler is just clamped on. anyways, does anyone know the inlet and outlet pipe sizes, and muffler size dimensions on a 93 Cutty 3.1 liter single exhaust, so i know what size muffler to get?

also, the muffler is mounted higher than the bumper, so there is a downwards s-pipe from the muffler outlet to under the bumper. on a new muffler, is the outlet pipe long enough to just clamp on a s-pipe, or would i have to weld one on? i know how to weld but currently i have no access to welding equipment.

help on either problem would be nice

thanks

Go with Magnaflows on a 3.1!!! they will sound better IMO

Well first off happy birthday!

thanks, i'm gonna be 18

anyways, i want a deep, muscle-car kind of sound, and i don't know anywhere to get magnaflows around my area, wherehas i can just go up to pep boys and pick up a flowmaster. anyone know of a magnaflow distributer in the detroit, michigan area, and does magnaflow make a muffler that will fit, and are they priced comparbably to flowmasters? i don't have much money.

back to the original question, does anybody know the inlet, outlet, and muffler demensions on a single exhaust first gen w-body?

i'm gonna drag my ass under the car this weekend when its supposted to be warmer. should i just use a tape measure to measure the inlet and outlet diameters, and muffler dimensions, or is there a special way to do this or what?

happy 18th. i turned 18 at the beginning of february. i was going to go with flowmasters on my 3.1 lumina, but i would have to get a whole new piping too. i cant just take the stock off and put the flows on. im gonna go with a single dynomax, they sound sweet, plus i can get them myself, and not have to order them. good luck!

my muffler has been changed once, so the very kind muffler shop just bolted it on instead of welding, making it easier for me to change it

the bolts are all corroded

i saw something at sears called 'bolt out' maybe something like that will help

my muffler has been changed once, so the very kind muffler shop just bolted it on instead of welding, making it easier for me to change it

the bolts are all corroded

i saw something at sears called 'bolt out' maybe something like that will help

Get some PB Blaster from a local auto store(I think most carry it, I buy it at the local Napa) and spray it on the bolts and wait a little while, it will aid your in removing the bolts.

ok the only flowmaster that will fit on a wbody is the 40 series 2 chamber.... 13" long case..... the muffler has to be offest inlet but depending on your hanger on the outlet you choose center or offset outlet.. FYI mannaflow SUCKS!!!!

my 3.1 sounds like its got a 5.0L in it with my flowmaster

ok the only flowmaster that will fit on a wbody is the 40 series 2 chamber.... 13" long case..... the muffler has to be offest inlet but depending on your hanger on the outlet you choose center or offset outlet.. FYI mannaflow SUCKS!!!!

It's not the only flowmaster that will fit, it's the easiest to install though. I've got a 30series on mine, other guys have used two 50series mufflers(same physical size as the 30's).

i plan on using a 40 series. so the length is 13"? it will fit no problem on my car? and i need 2.25" inlet and outlet sizes?

one more question - i was looking at the exhaust diagrams in my service manual, and according to it there are two muffler hangers, each with one part bolted to the muffler, and the other bolted to the underbody of the car, with them attached in the middle. Flows don't come with hangers, so what should i do? Are these hangers avaiable at auto parts stores, or do i have to go to the dealer to get them? Or, is there a way to use universal strap-type hangers?

Im doin new exhaust right now as well, with the Flowmaster 40 series mufflers. I went to a few shops, and for dual exhaut they want around $100 to take the old ones off and put the flows on. This means they will have to fabricate some sort of hanger, but thats thier job. And i thought i needed the ofset/center style muffler, or should i get the ofset / ofset????

- Drew

i decided to just send my car to the shop. my buddy knows a shop that will install one flowmaster on the passenger side and run a second pipe to the right side, from before the muffler, for $120. tips are extra though, but still, i think i am getting a deal, considering another shop quoted me $450 for a split exhaust with 2 mufflers.

i have friday off school, so i will drop my car off at 8, before i go to work, then i will pick it up during my lunch break.

i know it isn't a true dual exhaust, but it will look like one, and it will sound sweet!

sounds nice man. my dad is good friends with a guy who owns a muffler shop, so they're gonna set my car up and everything. spring time though, so i dont get any salt/snow on them!

thanks, yeah i think that sounds good

i can't wait until friday

the shop will either install a 40 series flowmaster, or a magnaflow.

i am leaning towards the flowmaster. i want a deep, musclecar sound

what kind of setup are you getting?

im not sure yet. Im still deciding on either duals or a single. it also depends on the money thing also! maybe my graduation money will kinda decide for me :D get some pics up when you get your car back

get duals! dual exhaust looks so much better than single

i will post pics but i don't know how if anyone can help me do this...

the shop is putting a Y bend after the cat the right side is going to have a 40 series Flow, the other side won't have a muffler.....i hope this isn't too loud so i don't get tickets and shit

get duals! dual exhaust looks so much better than single

i will post pics but i don't know how if anyone can help me do this...

the shop is putting a Y bend after the cat the right side is going to have a 40 series Flow, the other side won't have a muffler.....i hope this isn't too loud so i don't get tickets and shit

Um...wouldn't that be kinda ghetto looking? You'll definitely get pulled over if you can see you don't have a muffler from behind...otherwise i've never had problems

i've never been able to see the mufflers on a stock dual exhaust, or a single for that matter, Cutlass

you have to be level or under the bumper to see the muffler, at least on my car, and my friend's 94 or 95 Cutlass with stock duals

Um...wouldn't that be kinda ghetto looking? You'll definitely get pulled over if you can see you don't have a muffler from behind...otherwise i've never had problems

Why would it be ghetto looking? My dual exhaust on my Lumina 3.1 looks great!

i've never been able to see the mufflers on a stock dual exhaust, or a single for that matter, Cutlass

you have to be level or under the bumper to see the muffler, at least on my car, and my friend's 94 or 95 Cutlass with stock duals

ok...just checking...well in good ol Ohio so many rednecks drive around with loud trucks and cars they don't do much pulling over unless like i said it's obvious you don't have a muffer...i had a nissan with straight pipe...never got pulled over because the tip filled the cut out in the bumper...day after the tip fell off i got pulled over cause you could see the pipe all the way back into the rear axle

Why would it be ghetto looking? My dual exhaust on my Lumina 3.1 looks great!

look at this quote

the right side is going to have a 40 series Flow, the other side won't have a muffler

I just thought it'd be weird one side having a muffer and the other not

yeah i want duals, but money is still the deciding factor. im defenitly getting Dynomax Super Turbos, cause they have a sweet growl and their only 40 bucks a pop at autozone. this spring is when its gonna go down! i cant wait.