Convertible Power Window Motor Replacement

WhiteOut

Alright, my car is going to be off the road for a while while its getting fixed from last weeks accident so I figure I'd clean it up and take care of a few minor problems chief among which is replacing the power window motor for the drivers side rear quarter window (keep in mind I've got a 95' CS Convertible. Anyone have any experience with this? It looks like its gonna be a real bitch to remove all of the trim from the roll bar, and from either side of the rear seat? Any tips? Also, is there anyway to test to see if its actually the motor that needs replacing? The window was broken when I bought the car eariler this year and the previous owner only said that it "just stopped working". Is there a way to test whats wrong with out removing a bunch of trim?

I'm not sure if our power windows use belts, but there could be chance that your belt is broken, if this is the case you have to listen to hear if the motor is running when you press the switch. Also on GM cars you need to remove the power window motor by drilling out the rivets.

yeah, to pretty much do anything to that power window, you're gonna have to remove some trim. But I do agree....you should definitly listen to see if the motor is still running when you press the window button. If it is, but the actual window isn't moving, then you most likely have a broken regulator.

They cost about 100 bucks from gm, but you can get cheaper from almost anywhere. The benefit of having the gm regulator, is that it is the recalled version. The orginal regulator has an oval shaped plastic piece on the end that basically holds everything together. The redesigned gm regulator has a smaller, circular piece in its place. This more evenly distributes the strees, and translates into longer window life.

SmoothSteve