How much to replace a dash

Goph

on my car the dash has 3 or 4 cracks, one is going all the way across the top and another is like 10 all in one spot. does anyone know how much it would be to replace it with labor? I would have a body shop do it because of the air bag and how big it is.

The entire dash?! I've got a little split in the corner by the dashpad that kinda bothers me, but its gonna be pretty spendy to replace the whole dash because of it. Get a dashmat.

The entire dash?! I've got a little split in the corner by the dashpad that kinda bothers me, but its gonna be pretty spendy to replace the whole dash because of it. Get a dashmat.

no dashmat for me i hate them things.

If you go to an auto parts store you can usually buy the liquid dash repair kits. A friend of mine bought a 97' GTP that had been in a crash (air bags deployed) and he ended up just fixing the dash using the liquid repair stuff since a new dash was hella expensive. It didn't look brand new or anything when he was done but it was better than spending close to a grand for a new dash.

I've replaced the dash on both lumina's cost me $10 or $15 CDN each at the J/Y. But I've seen places do like invisible repairs, you'd have to be an inch away with the light at just the right angle to see them. No ide on the cost though ??

About the air bags, pull the air bag fuse and i'm sure you can't set it off. It's not that hard, just you need to be careful around the bags, that's cool. In the summer hit the local JY and find a good dash!

I've replaced the dash on both lumina's cost me $10 or $15 CDN each at the J/Y. But I've seen places do like invisible repairs, you'd have to be an inch away with the light at just the right angle to see them. No ide on the cost though ??

This isn't (from what I understand) just the top dash you can pop off fairly quickly like the Luminas and pre'94 GP's. The '94-'96 GP's don't have the top dash in one piece.. There is that top dashpad that pops off, but thats hard plastic. The rest of the dash is some (brittle) plastic.. heck I don't even know what its made of. I just know that after all these years in the sun, shes brittle.. won't take much to crack it up.

About the air bags, pull the air bag fuse and i'm sure you can't set it off. It's not that hard, just you need to be careful around the bags, that's cool. In the summer hit the local JY and find a good dash!

Bad advice. Air bags have a capacitor that will hold a charge for quite a while even after being electrically disconected. They can and will go off if handled improperly.

Bad advice. Air bags have a capacitor that will hold a charge for quite a while even after being electrically disconected. They can and will go off if handled improperly.

Shut off the car, pull the airbag fuse, wait about 30-seconds for capacitors to discharge, discharge all static electricity from your body, and disconnect the yellow airbag connectors. The airbag will NOT go off. You can then pull it with no problems. Always carry the airbag facing AWAY from you.

As long as you don't zap a huge static charge directly into the airbag's electric terminals, you won't set it off. I've pulled airbags many times in the 94 Cutlass and my truck.