ABS and W's?

musthavemuzk

i think the TGPs had it, which was in 89-90, not sure if the 89's got it but i think they did, i havent seen a 88 w with abs, but to be honest, i havent looked and dont know much about the abs, just that tgps came with it

Lumina Euros and Z34s came stock with it, but base Luminas had it as an option. Mine doesn't have it. I don't know about the 1.5 gen Luminas though... They probably all had it standard.

The Int. Series dates back to '88, and ABS was not standard. I have two Int. Series CS's, and neither one has it. Actually the one doesn't even have climate control, steering wheel controls, or a DIC.

I stand corrected. I thought the International Series didn't debut untill whatever year the sedan version of the Cutlass came out (89' or 90'), and from everything I've seen IS Cutlass's have always been fairly well loaded. I thought I recalled someone on GMF once saying that the 90' IS Cutlass's used the same screwed up ABS system as the Toronado's and 98 Touring Sedan's??? Maybe not...

Yeah, international series started in 88 along with all w-body's (Cutlass', Prix's, and Regals). I'm pretty sure Luminas didnt come out till 1990 along w/4-door models.

Most Cutty's I've seen are fairy loaded with exeption of mine, the only "features" it came with are casset and Cruise.

PowerMaster III ABS was available in Regal in 88.

Regal was first to get it.

It was available in Cutlass Supreme and Grand Prix in 89-91. I don't think Lumina ever got PM3.

Standard only in Turbo Grand Prix coupes, I think. At least, I've never seen a TGP coupe without it. It was not standard in any other W-body, just an option. My 89 Int'l doesn't have it, thank goodness.

ABS VI came out in 92. All first-gen W-bodies 92+ have ABS VI as an option. I think it was standard on GP and CS starting 94.

It's a million times better than PM3.