How difficult would it be to wire front speakers in my STE??

dbtk2

I swapped out my gauge cluster in my STE and to my suprise there were no speakers in the dash in front. Obviously speakers will fit because the regular TGP's and regular GP's have speakers there. I am wanting to put some nice 4X6's in there, but there is no wiring up there for them. How difficult do you think it would be to wire speakers up there with the factory stereo? Should I just try to split off of the ones in the doors???

Any help or opinions on what I should do would be great.

Thanks,

Shawn

There should be plugs there... But I personally wouldn't put anything there.. The imaging in the location sucks. I have some nice Kenwood 4x6's in mine and their never on, I always use my door speakers.

Get a nice set of 6.5s or 5.25 coaxal or component and you won't need the 4x6 up on the dash.

It sounds really good how it is, but I just think with some 4X6's in the front it will sound even better. I just put some new Kenwood 6X9's in the rear 2 days ago because my factory ones were blown and even with the stock stereo the rear doors vibrate. Its just it sounds like all the sound is coming from the sides & the rear (because it is) and I think it would be nice to have a little sound coming from the front. I was actually thinking about getting some nice 6.5s for the doors, but the ones in the doors actually sound pretty good, and I don't think its worth the money just to get a little extra clarity, especially with the factory stereo. Now if I were going to put a system in the car, it would be a different story, but I'm not.

I was really suprised that there wasn't even any wiring up there for them though. Maybe it was just hidden or something.

Shawn

I wouldn't waste your time putting 4x6's in there. You get much better sound out of them. As bake said just put some nic 5.25 or 6.5 in the doors do componets if you can. They will sound much better or if you not running an amp run bass blocks on the speakers to cut the bass, they will sound much better.

KCP