Got Silverstars today - pics

supreme_style21

So far, they look like nothing spectacular. In fact, they look 110% like the old halogens I had in there. I'd better notice a hell of a difference tonight, or I'll be pissed.

So far, they look like nothing spectacular. In fact, they look 110% like the old halogens I had in there. I'd better notice a hell of a difference tonight, or I'll be pissed.

I think you're going to be disappointed when the sun goes down.

I was running them in my old Acura Legend until one of them burned out (after 8 months). I then switched to Sylvania X-tra Visions.

Yes, the color of the light (when looking at the headlamp) seemed whiter, but I didn't notice any increase in light on the road. Perhaps it might have been a little dimmer than regular old bulbs.

See.. thats what I originally thought. But I spent all day in class today researching the things and finding people's opinions. I found like one bad one, and 45,000 praises for the things. Also, the people I've talked to swear by them, so I figured they're worth a shot. So far, they aren't..

i really like mine - they make the road alot brighter - i dont see farther but what is in the reach of my headlights is more distinguishable - one thing to check is if your headlight lenses are yellowand fogged up - that will make a fairly big difference on the light output. Sorry yours arent doin it for ya - those bastards are nice and expensive!

They went in the '94. The headlights aren't yellowed at all.. crystal clear. If I stand in front of the car and look, I notice next to no difference... however, I do notice a SLIGHT difference if the headlights reflect off something, ie windows, other cars.. But its still bright outside, so I'm not expecting to notice anything groundbreaking... we'll just see how they do tonight before I get mad :)

go out at night

silverstars make your old headlights look yellow - they are much whiter. also, in my experience, the headlight range was slightly extended.

they provide better light than all those eurolite and apc 'simulated HID' light bulbs, the light is actually white, not that blue shit

you get raped up the ass paying for them though

yeah youll defintely notice that they make your old bulbs look alot yellower, they kinda seem to have a slight blue tint to them, not the ricer blue but the whitish blue, i can tell a huge difference between my silverstars and the regulars

I've heard that you need to buy a better wiring harness to get the most out of silver stars. I put them in my caprice witch has the worst headlights ever and they were a major improvment over stock ones. Every W-body I have driven seems to have really good headlights from the factory, I personally wouldn't bother putting them in a W.

let me know how those turned out on your car at night. im very curious. im about to bid on Silverstars for my mini-quads and the bulbs for the fogs. i dont feel like hacking shit to get the Blazertechs in.

you get raped up the ass paying for them though

They aren't that bad when you consider mini-quads are already $25 a piece. I think you can get them for 20-25 at walmart or meijer around here. So thats not too bad, although I can understand you guys with the 4 door cars or Luminas thinking they're expensive since you guys can pick up normal bulbs for around $10-15.

They don't seem to be showing up... heres the links :?

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid103/pbb48081c626912f085845695adcc7325/f9a394ae.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid103/pa4f49c416f9aa639392993deade94667/f9a394a4.jpg

And for some reason, you gotta drag the links into the address bar.. :x

edit.. for some reason NONE of this stuff is working :evil:

I have silverstars in my 02 Aurora and they good BEST on projector lights but i saw a big improvement over the regular ones so i got them for my 88 CS and wasnt too impressed on that car because of the old type lights and then i also put Silverstars in my gf's 2000 Alero GLS and again big improvement over the stock ones. I came to a conclusion that they dont do much on old lights and on clear ones you see difference. But to me they are worth it.

when i first got my cutlass i bought the GE superblue (hi and low beam) and enjoyed them as they were an improvement over stock. then last Oct i got a deal on a set of plasmaglow blue low beams.

definitely an improvement over stocka nd over the superblues as well.

not only brighter but more evenly distributed light. from side to side. a slight improvement in distance as well.

i like the plasmaglow bulbs.

Monty