Cruise control NOT working....

90KUTTY

Well, this is what happened, I was on the highway hit the cruise button, worked for a second then stopped hasn't worked since, all the heater controls are working fine. Im stumped. anyone got an idea of why the cruise ain't working? thanx

Have you checked to make sure the linkage is still attached?
Where is it located?

Under the hood on the driver's side of the engine bay near the strut cover you should see a black circular thing with a silver case attached to it. The black part will be soft to the touch. Attached to the black bag thing there should be a piece of metal with a lot of holes in it and in one of those holes should be a little piece that attaches to a cable that disappears behind the motor. Make sure the little piece is in one of those holes with the clip on it

Guest TurboSedan
attaches to a cable that disappears behind the motor.

it goes to the throttle lever on the TB, right next to where the throttle cable attatches to the throttle lever. make sure the clip didn't fall off the end of the cable.

joshua

attaches to a cable that disappears behind the motor.

it goes to the throttle lever on the TB, right next to where the throttle cable attatches to the throttle lever. make sure the clip didn't fall off the end of the cable.

joshua

I thought it was one of the two that ran behind the motor then cirlcled back to the TB. I guess it is the one that goes directly to the TB now that I think about it

yeah, my CC is gone too. but i hit the button and the rpms hold , but the the car slows down. i hit the switch off, and the rpms drop to match the speed. that hose might be cut/ loud hiss..............

Check the vacuum lines leading to the chamber in the front drivers side corner of your car. If those are connected listen for a leak when the car is running.
now where at exactly are those lines?

Guest TurboSedan

I thought it was one of the two that ran behind the motor then cirlcled back to the TB. I guess it is the one that goes directly to the TB now that I think about it

yeah they both run behind the engine, then circle back, go thru a bracket, and attatch to the throttle lever.

joshua

Yep a vacuum leak is the problem, but which line is it that will be a bitch to find out :evil: , there is a semi-loud whistling noise, when i push the soft side of the round thing the noise stops. thanx 4 the help