LED Brake Lights

scorpion_x9

LED Brake Lights. Cool or Not?  

1. 1. LED Brake Lights. Cool or Not?

I pretty sure there's a topic on this already, but the search engine sucks on this forum.

I was looking at these LED brake lights(amazingly a 10 year warranty on the one i've seen!) that replace the standard bulb. I setup a poll for every one to rate on how they would look. I don't want to waste the money on them if they're gonna look like crap. Also if some of you have pics of how they'd look in our cars, specifically a Grand Prix, that would be cool. :D

im workin on a LED 3rd brake light right now if anyones interested, ill get some pics up when im done

edit lol sorry if this sounded like a hijack, but i think LED brake lights are better than regular ones, they look better, are brighter, and they draw less current.

Every LED replacement bulb I've seen looks like total ass.

You'll end up with just 2 small, not very bright circles of light projected onto your lenses because the replacement bulbs only have LEDs that face one direction - no light getting to the reflectors.

The only way to do LEDs is to make a custom matrix of many LEDs... an entire LED panel the same size and shape as your taillight, and put it behind the taillight lens. Kind of like the 00+ Devilles.

The only way to do LEDs is to make a custom matrix of many LEDs... an entire LED panel the same size and shape as your taillight, and put it behind the taillight lens. Kind of like the 00+ Devilles.

if you could make the lights like the Devilles' that would be hot...