Temporary New W-Body In The Family ;)

1990 Lumina Euro Coupe

My friend and I are going to The World Of Wheels Auto Expo in Birmingham, and we decided to rent a car to travel there just for the heck of it. It is about an hour drive.

Of course you know that I rented a dubya. :wink:

It is a 2001 Lumina sedan. It seems to be a pretty solid car. It has 54,00 miles on it.

I parked it beside the 1990 Lumina Euro, and in my opinion the Euro is alot better looking car. I may be a little biased, though. :P

The Lumina Euro handles better and has a more rich exhaust sound and is more sporty, but I have to be fair to chronology, and say that in 1990, the Lumina was in both coupe and sedan form, and was created to replace the Monte Carlo. Of course now that the Monte Carlo is back, all Lumina's became sedans afterwards,and Lumina was killed in 2001, I'm sure the Monte would be a better compairson to the Euro. The Euro has the 3.1 Multi Port, and the Sedan the 3100 SPFI, so a heads up race before I return it may be in store. :twisted:

Still seems to be a good car line. I rented it at a local Chevrolet dealer, and the fellow at the rental counter had a fit over my Euro. It is solid black with grey inside and stands out when you park it. He said that he remembered 1990 Luminas, that they were dependable, and went so far as to say my 1990 was a "Sharp car."

I just wanted to share my expierence. :)

yeah, my dad had a 95 LS with the 3100. personally the euros look hella lot better than the 1.5 gen luminas. exc. to the LTZ hehe. but the 3100 is quicker than the 3.1. 3100=160hp 3.1=140.

i love bringing my car to the dealership....all prettid up. The chevy place down the street is never to happy...but the Olds (Royal Olds) is actually very nice and compliment me on it.

I love it...you go by there...they had a 70s cutlass sitting outside in the shop. The bad thing....there are no more oldsmobiles sitting out front for sale :(

Yea the 1.5gen Luminas looks like crap in my opinion, all except for the LTZs which are sweet as hell. They house a 3800 Series II with 200 ponies which ain't bad at all. Some day I might get one, and yet another addition to my family Lumina. :D

Umm... congrats on the new car :?:

You have a rental car in your sig :lol:

:?: Huh? The wink :wink: in the thread title denotes it as a joke thread. Also notice that I put "Temporary" beside it in my sig. I think everyone else caught on.

I changed my sig also. Guess I should have put *JOKE* *JOKE* in the title. My sig denotes it now.