Did the '89 TGP ever "pace" a NASCAR race?

jeremy

Although you may think of him as the greatest, I intend no personal attack towards you, just Tom Cruise. He is a self-centered, arrogant bastard that believes the world owes him something much more than he's already taken. My mother met him, and knows a restaurant owner to who's business he frequents, and he treats everyone like shit. No wonder Kidman left his ass. Anyway, that was a cool flic, and every once in a while, he makes a decent film.

They had ONE Pace Car. The 89TGP paced the Daytona 500 [i have the official Daytona 500 TGP pin.

There was also a press release kit on ebay that featured the TGP [i lost the bid :cry: ] pace car.

They had ONE Pace Car. The 89TGP paced the Daytona 500 [i have the official Daytona 500 TGP pin.

There was also a press release kit on ebay that featured the TGP [i lost the bid :cry: ] pace car.

What he said! I believe it was Gearhead43 that told me an actual pace car TGP was in a museum somewhere in North Carolina..but don't quote me on that. :wink:

I NEVER knew that....... I stand correct it :oops:

yeah, Days of Thunder is pretty much a W-body reference! lol. but yeah, the TGP paced the Daytona 500, the other races were the GP SE's and cutlasses. that is such a great movie. i love it when tom cruise races that taurus in the euro lumina!!

i love it when tom cruise races that taurus in the euro lumina!!

Thats my favorite part too, lol.. Im waiting on someone here to rip me the clip off the movie! lol :lol: :lol:

Ahhhhhh.. YES Days Of Thunder the GLORY DAYS of the W-body... Geez how I miss seeing that in NASCAR.

And YES the TGP did in FACT PACE the DAYTONA 500 Race on Feb 19, 1989. I even have the pic of that TGP here somewhere. Ahhh yea here it is:

89tgppacecar.jpg

Ahhhhhh.. YES Days Of Thunder the GLORY DAYS of the W-body... Geez how I miss seeing that in NASCAR.

And YES the TGP did in FACT PACE the DAYTONA 500 Race on Feb 19, 1989. I even have the pic of that TGP here somewhere. Ahhh yea here it is:

89tgppacecar.jpg

If only i could get my wheels that shiney!!!!!!

what reagal nascar, i just knew of the G bodies.

Anyone know where you can get old NASCAR pics of some of the other cars, like the Olds?

jon

Regal NASCAR - look at the green car behind the pace car in the pic jeremy posted.

Anyone know where you can get old NASCAR pics of some of the other cars, like the Olds?

jon

Regal NASCAR - look at the green car behind the pace car in the pic jeremy posted.

I have a entire program from the 1990 Miller Genuine Draft 400..i'll up some pics...they used all the W-Bodys in NASCAR back then

now if only i could find a usb cable in this mess....

jon

The LeSabre H (body)replaced G in 86/87. Delta 88 also. Boddy and Donny Allison drove them http://home.flash.net/~rjgeorge/86lgn.htm

Then in 88 the Regal W was used. I have a 89 Buick buyers guide shows Bobby Allisons 88 Regal. Its a picture of a W Regal, G Monty and I believe the front of a H Oldsmobile. The G Monty definently looks dated beside the others.

Im not a NASCAR follower but I believe Bobby did well with both the H and W bodied Buick cars.

So how many TGP pace cars are their ?