dash pad removal?

Marcus18

I had a 89 grand prix and the screws to remove the dash pad are in the glove box and there are two under the dash pad by the guage cluster, the rest is held on with clips when you remove the screws, pull up on the dash over the guages then pop it off on the other side, should come right off..........hope this helps

He's right. Take out the two screws above the cluster, then open your glove box and look up at the top. There's a hole in the glove box and if you feel around you'll find a screw. Take them out and push the dash up. It'll pop right off.

Hint: The glove box door can open wider. Move the hinges around and they'll eventually come down. This gives you more room to work with. :D

good luck, i tried this summer and i took about 6 screws out and it still wouldnt budge, i hope you have batter luck than i do

Thats probably because you didn't get the 2 screws in the front heater vents! Got me too! :wink:

good luck, i tried this summer and i took about 6 screws out and it still wouldnt budge, i hope you have batter luck than i do

Thats probably because you didn't get the 2 screws in the front heater vents! Got me too! :wink:

probably. honestly, who the fuck puts screws in heater vents!??!?!!?!?!?! :evil:

probably. honestly, who the fuck puts screws in heater vents!??!?!!?!?!?! :evil:

GM!! My fuckin sunfire is the say way. Had everysingle screw out, cept 2 in the heater vents. Man I was pissed it stumped me soo good too. FUCKING GM with screws in the heater vent of the dash!! :guns:

Maybe I'm missing something here, but we are talking about the top of the dashboard, right?? The part that runs the whole width of the car? IIRC, the only screws you have to remove are ones in the gauge bezel. I think the screws on the glovebox are only for getting the stereo frame off. The dash pad is then also held on by some pretty strong clips that you just gotta overpower and pop the pad off. After youre done taking the screws out put your fingers under the pad in the middle and the pass side and just lift up real hard, should just pop off.

LMAO... YES there is one under the glove box. You can do like Digital said, and pop the hinges out of the way and let the glove box door swing all the way down OR you can remove the Glove box inner liner (4 phillips head screws) pull the box out, take a flashlight, shine it up there, and you'll see the head of a 7 mm screw going up into the dashpad. It that screw is not removed , you'll crack or rip off the mounting hold and the dash will never lie flat on the passenger side again ever. Digitaloutsider knows what he is talking about. He's done it just a few weeks ago.. Right Digital :wink:

LMAO... YES there is one under the glove box. You can do like Digital said, and pop the hinges out of the way and let the glove box door swing all the way down OR you can remove the Glove box inner liner (4 phillips head screws) pull the box out, take a flashlight, shine it up there, and you'll see the head of a 7 mm screw going up into the dashpad. It that screw is not removed , you'll crack or rip off the mounting hold and the dash will never lie flat on the passenger side again ever. Digitaloutsider knows what he is talking about. He's done it just a few weeks ago.. Right Digital :wink:

Yep :D

Well, I really dont know what you guys are talking about then cuz I've taken my dash pad off a few times and never had to go searching for screws hidden in the glovebox. My dash also lays perfectly flat without a problem.

Well, I really dont know what you guys are talking about then cuz I've taken my dash pad off a few times and never had to go searching for screws hidden in the glovebox. My dash also lays perfectly flat without a problem.

Maybe your screw hole is broken out. I saw lots of them like this at the JY. There's definitely 1 screw above the glovebox.

Not under the cluster but really under the I/P bezel (The trim piece that holds the headlight pod and wiper pods. This piece goes all the way across the pods under the dashpad. Sitting in the drivers seat look at the I/P then look like you want to look up under the dash overhang... You'll see 2 phillips head screws sitting right there. Just think of looking up a girl's skirt... Ok you get the idea!!! :lol: