Bringing car into my shop

z34_nut

thats right, i'm completely going through my car, inside and out when i bring it to my school auto shop, and i when i work on my own car that i would do at home, i accually get graded for, plus i get sweet BRAND NEW lifts, and a 1,000$ tool set to work with.

anyway, my point to my subject, what i'm going to be doing with it. The car is going to be in the shop from next week, into early June. now i've compiled a small list on what i'm going to do to it.

-New plugs

-New wires

-New oil

-New tranny fluid

-Flush coolent

-Replace front rotors

-Replace front pads

-Replace whole rear drivers side brakes (caliper froze just before i stored it)

-New Struts

-Replace tires

-Align front end

-Fix Front valance (my father plowed into it when it was parked)

-Re-wire the whole stereo system

Thats a big list, i know, but i got a few questions.

i want to get the maximum bang for the buck, so i was woundering if anybody could help me find great plugs and wires that run effeciently, add power, and arn't gonna kill my wallet. same thing for the plug wires.

My next question leads to the brakes. would it be worth my time to get 94+ brakes on the rear? if it is, where can i find some? also when i get new rotors all the way around, should i drill them? (i work in a machine shop, they can drill them for free.) also, what are the best pads that will last a long ass time? i drive alot, and the longest lasting would be great.

I would also like to know if its worth buying KYB struts all the way around. do these struts lower the car? would i need new coil overs in the front to lower the car? would i need to buy coil overs for the rear if i want the rear to be lower?

Ok last question, what type of tires should i get, i want tires that wil last a while, but also have great wet/dry grip. i have 16x8.5 inch wheels, and right now i got shitty no-name mis-matching tires. 225/60/r16

well thats it, some answers and suggestion are greatly welcomed!

well first of all that is going to cost you more than you think, hope you are prepared. i can do most of that stuff in my garage but yeah a lift will make it nice, and air tools, too, get platinum or iridium tipped single pronged plugs, i have 7mm carquest wires they're great, badass tires that I have are 225/60/16 Michellin Pilot XGT H4 such a great combination of year round tread needs and great performance, got em' at SAM's for $550, good luck and hope you don't go broke if you're doing all this at the same time

oh and the treadwear on those tires is 400, which is good for that type of tire, no KYB struts will not lower your car, want it lowered? JCWhitney front springs, FFP rear springs and struts, yes do the 94+brake upgrade if u can

When i did my plugs and wires a few years ago....i just went with Delco Platnium Performance or something like that. IT was the top they made, and a decent price.

jon

I recommend NGK V-Power's for the spark plugs.

People don't seem to know that platinum plugs dont give the best performance, but rather they give the best gas mileage.

V-Power's or Rapid Fire 8's are both awesome.

That's only enough work for a weekend job :wink: No need to have it down til June!!! 8)

EDIT: BTW, you might want to check out the Flex-A-Form lowering mono-leaf for you car instead of modifying it for coilovers, the lowering leaf is supposedly stiffer than stock as well..not sure how much it lowers the car though. Also, when I put KYB's and new strut mounts on the 93, it jacked the car up very slightly due to the old OEM style struts being worn.

trust me, i've been working my ass of to overhaul this car, last summer was to make it look pretty, this year its about making it ride great. my brakes suck, my struts are slushy, and my tires squeel around my driveway. i'm not worried about the money, i've been working a shitload, and when i lose my license, well i wont have to feed my fuel hungry blazer, that will save some money.

also, i had no idea that drilled rotors cause brake pads to disapear early. altho, that where i'm confused, do i want make it a daily driver? or simply has it as my go-fast and fun car?

anyway, thanks for the input.

if you want some good brake pads get some bendex, if you can get them in your area, lifetime warranty and they last longer than hell, they also have ceramic pads now too, i got the low dust ones, and they really dont make too much brake dust really,