88 pace car bumper

Intlcutlass

DAMMIT. I tried to link to the pic I took of that guys pace car convertable in Cleveland...It had 7 miles on it. It's a good pic. :dammit:

I think that they guys bandwith has been exceeded on that site, hence the X

It would be really difficult!

Anyway, I'd try to make one out of urethane if possible. Urethane is what it's originally made of. Fiberglass will crack easily.

That bumper sure looks good from the front, but I didn't really care for how it looked from the side. It makes it look like the car has a HUGE front overhang.

BTW, I like the Top Rated pic on that site. :lol:

It would be really difficult!

Anyway, I'd try to make one out of urethane if possible. Urethane is what it's originally made of. Fiberglass will crack easily.

That bumper sure looks good from the front, but I didn't really care for how it looked from the side. It makes it look like the car has a HUGE front overhang.

BTW, I like the Top Rated pic on that site. :lol:

You mean the boobies?....Yea..those are nice.........

How could I do that out of urethane?

I could see using some urethane-compatible epoxy and cutting up an old bumper cover.... Maybe cutting it right at the line where the color changes, flip the old one upside-down, then trimming and use that epoxy for urethane....what do you think.... Is that doable?

Yeah, the boobies. :rocking:

I don't know much about urethane, except it's more resistant to impact.

How it's made... I don't know. I could see cutting up the old bumper, although I don't know much about fabricating using urethanes and epoxies.

I picture making some kind of mold and pouring a layer of liquid urethane in it.

I don't know much about urethane, except it's more resistant to impact.

How it's made... I don't know. I could see cutting up the old bumper, although I don't know much about fabricating using urethanes and epoxies.

I picture making some kind of mold and pouring a layer of liquid urethane in it.

I'm pulling on what I have learned from the Fiero...... all the body panels are similar to the urethane.....

I think it might be feasible to cut an old bumper in half, and flip it up side down. Then you trim the old bottom/new top half to the same shape as the existing bumper. ... It would be easier to see it... I'll try something and post it later......