3.1 4 speed auto fuel mileage

robertg

what kind of fuel mileage do your guys get from your 3.1's and 4 speed autos?

i checked the fuel mileage on tuesday, and i averaged 23 mpg with a combination of highway and city driving. got 351 miles on 15.032 gallons.

I get about 15mpg or 200 miles a tank, but I have a 2.8. I'm the kinda person who has to be first off a light. When my dad was driving it it got about 25 MPG. I'm hard on my car, but this car sure takes it well. It's actually running quite well right now.

• 3 weeks later...

I took a trip to San Antonio from Kansas City with my father last summer and the car was getting somewhere in the ballpark of 33 on the highway w/AC. Neither of us could believe it. Normally, I would get about 20-21 city. Now with the winter and a starting problem that was described pefectly in someones message that everyone seemed to think was due to a fuel pressure regulator diaphram, I am getting something like 12-14. This is even without warming the car up 10 mins everyday. My car is taking food out of my baby's mouth. A can of formula is going a longer distance with my 7mo old, than a tank of gas.

Oh, I have a 91 CS w/3.1 Auto

about 15-20mpg, thats cuz i have to give it some gas at every light (not raggin on it but letting it live a lil) i hate my gas milage

couldn't have said it better myself

I'd say 19 on average

Guest TurboSedan

when i had the automatic trans in my car i got about 21mpg city/30mpg highway.

with the manual trans i get about 18mpg city/and 33mpg highway. i think my foot got a little heavier when i swapped in the manual transmission :) it gets better highway mileage now than it did with the automatic tho.

joshua

I drove my 95 CS convertible from cleveland to detroit in january (goin to the detroit auto show) i filled up b4 i left cleveland and on my way back we stopped to fill up again in Toledo. But keep in mind i was doin like 85MPH the whole way with bursts of up to 105ish, im a speed freak. my 3100 just isnt up to it tho. but back to the question, regular drivin, i fill up once on monday and once on thursday every week.

I get ~30 on the highway and about an average of 25mpg w/ a mix of city and highway driving. I usually get a lot less in town because my exhaust is so loud and I like to hear it/mash the pedal down more often. :wink:

Not sure about actual figures gas prices vary so much, how can you be sure? (around here anyways) It usually costs me about 10.00 CDN, to travel 100 kilometers. Fill up costs anywhere from 38 to 45 dollars and I always get from 380-500 kilometers, per tank, combined city/highway.

I get about 270 to a tank, and usu. about 24MPG. Thats about 20min trips everyday to school on the interstate, but LOTS of driving back and forth every day to work, gym, and from interstate to deck at school.

On long hiway trips (from Richmond to Stauton recently)...i think I got 340 to that tank, and that was also with a day or two normal driving again

jon