dano12

Hello everyone, this is my first post on the forum. First off, I have a 1995 Olds Cutlass Supreme SL, 4 door, with a 3100 sfi motor. I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to disable the door locks from automatically locking when the car is put into gear. This tends to be a pain, especially when constantly picking people up or letting them out of the car. Thanks for all your help.

anyone know the fuse #?

I remember there was also a box you could pull out.

Lastly...does this have any effects on anythign else? For some reason, I remember it being something wierd...like all bells too (or do only us CS guys really have dingers?)

Pull the fuse for the automatic locks

If I do this, will the automatic door locks work at all? Or will they be completely manual? Because I dont want that, i like having power locks, i just dont want them to lock and unlock when put into and out of gear.

My 95 Beretta had that option, I pulled the fuse and it only affected the locks when I pulled the fuse. Only "dingers" I can think of on my 94 Olds is leaving your lights on and leaving your key in the ignition, and of course the initial seat belt reminder.

can you retro fit an older "blue dingie thingie"?? I can't stand how my doors lock and unlock by themselves...

If there's no auto lock fuse (check for this first), you can just unplug the dangling connector on the chime module.

You'll lose your "old fogie" turn signal left on chime, but the autolocks will also be disabled.

Depends on the year of the car. W-bodies with the older interior have it under the passenger side dash plugged into an electrical center. I've heard they moved it back here on 96's, but I found a 94 Grand Prix once where it was to the right of the steering column, under the cluster, and very difficult to get to.