Removing Ign. Lock Cylinder

95 3-4

I think when you have a key you can change the lock cylinder by pushing a wire into a little hole then turn it on and take it out

I have never been lucky enough to have to change a lock cylinder while I had the key, Usually need to change due to key loss.......I need to replace the steering column in a freinds car and the boneyards have barely any with keys, and none for this app. since it has a floor shifter, im sure a column shift column will fit in the wreck and they have coulmn shifts with keys so I just wanna buy that, instead of trying to remove the lock cylinder minus key

All the lock cylinders I removed without keys became screwdriver starts, and that option is not appliciable in this situation

Anyone know if a column shifted 87 buick century column will swap over to a floor shifted 89pontiac 6000? It has steering wheel radio controls which are inoperable and loss is uncared, also uncared is the is the coulmns auto shift bellcrank, the shifter would just be popped out, if it lines up to the rack and pinion and bolts in the same I can even wire up mismatched ign/blinker pigtails...I was also thinking of using the junkyard column to fix the bad parts in the coulmn in the car now, but I think the chinsy alum casting might be broken, apparently the tilt is really sloppy and the car can be started by shifting the wheel sideways and it wont turn off, hes been driving a loose column for 1 year so its well worn, What a PITA application to find parts for

Thanks for any and all help