Anybody that knows anything about the 4T60/bolt retrieving

conley3.1

I somehow managed to drop a bolt down the detent cable shaft in the transmission, while trying to bolt in a new detent cable... I can see it when I look in there wish a flashlight, and I tried to get it out with a magnet-stick retriever thing, but it was too thick... So, I tried getting it out with a little claw-style bolt retriever, but it ALSO was too thick, something was blocking it. I think that there is something crossing the shaft, that is preventing me from getting at the bolt. I don't know what to do... This is really starting to drive me crazy. I can't even move the damn car and its parked in the middle of the driveway.

Well, after fishing around in the shaft, I failed to get ahold of it, and now it can't be seen at all... So, I'm hoping it fell down to the transmission pan or something, and i'm probably just going to flush the tranny as soon as the damn snowing stops!

I would take the pan off and fetch it, the tranny fluid makes for eclectic red snow :roll:

I changed a heavy azz C6 ford tranny in the snow when I didnt have a garage in my late teen years, I worked quite dillegently it was my only 3rd or 4th tranny change so I was still a novice, it got done in record time tho....... fun stuff :lol:

Yeah, thats what I'm gonna do... I have to borrow some jack stands though, normally I use ramps to work under the car, but thats obviously impossible right now :roll:

Does anyone know if the detent cable shaft goes through to the tranny?