Radiator removal and installation

Bizzo

My '91 Lumi has a radiator leak. I just ordered a new one and it should be arriving within a week or so. I've never replaced a radiator on a w-body so what i'm wondering is when you undo the front motor mounts to get to the radiator do you have to have a jack underneath the engine to hold it up? Also is there anything peculiar about this job I should know about? Also about how long has it taken any of you to change a radiator on a w-body?

I put a radiator in my wife's 92 and it was a piece of cake. Drain all coolant out, remove hoses, tranny lines, dogbone mount on top and unplug and unbolt fans, unbolt top bracket, she comes right out.

I guess it took all of about an hour and a half (including the beer break) to get it done. Just be sure to bleed all the air out when you refill the coolant. Undo bleeder that goes on top of heater line by firewall when you put coolant in until it comes out of the bleeder.

I got the radiator on line and saved quite a bit as I recall.

Good luck!

It only took me about 20 min to get mine out, and i am sure its harder to get one out of a TGP, i would just recommend throwing a big drip pan under the car to catch all the fluid that comes out from the different places.

WOW

when i thought that was my problem over xmas i checked at the major autoparts stores online and the best i found was a couple ticks under 200 plus shipping.

thanx for the linkage

Monty