91 regal 3.1 and 94 lumina 3.1

regalized

why does it seem that a regal has more power than a lumina with the same motor, the buick has 257,000 miles on it and the lumina has 137,000 but seems to have alot less power, the lumina has no problems as well as the regal.

is it different trannys :?:

4t60 is faster than (correct me if I'm wrong) 3t40? any who I don't want any one mad at me I am already on the rocks with members for putting a car joke thread in the wrong section apparently I have sinned pardon me!

the lumina shuold have a 4t60-e in it - it became the standard in 93 when they went to electronic transmissions(hence my 93 and 94 service manuals not having a 3t40 section)

where did you learn all luminas have 3t40's?

it all depends on who drove it before and how it was maintained. my 91 with 165k was quicker than my 94 with 128k because the 94 was dogged by a kid who probably never changed the oil and always drove with his foot on the floor before i got it. both of them are dogs compared to the other 91 with 100k - all 3 have 4t60(94 is a E) and 3.1

No!!!!! I didn't say that especially because I have a Lumina I meant to say that if it had the optional 3 speed it would be slower than the 4 speed (4t60) that might be the reason why the regal is faster than the Lumina :o

No!!!!! I didn't say that especially because I have a Lumina I meant to say that if it had the optional 3 speed it would be slower than the 4 speed (4t60) that might be the reason why the regal is faster than the Lumina :o

why would the three speed be "optional" in lieu of the 4 speed??? would the three speed be standard with the "optional" 4 speed??

Couldn't one of them just be a factory freak or a mild lemon? When I was test driving before I bought this car, I drove a 3100 GP and a 3100 Regal. The Regal felt significantly faster. Both cars were in fine shape. Some cars just get put toghether better, or something...who knows.

nope, luminas were the only car to still have the 3.1 gen2 in 94.

and nice editing of your comments to make it look i misread them, maybe2fast. your original post said "the lumina has the 3 speed" not "IF"

and nice editing of your comments to make it look i misread them, maybe2fast. your original post said "the lumina has the 3 speed" not "IF"

doesn't appear to me that the original post has been edited....when you edit the post it is timestamped...

ok the lumina is a four speed overdirve along with the regal, i have done some checking and noticed the modulaters are different, but does that nessasarily mean different trannys?

Guest TurboSedan

didn't all V6 W-bodies with an auto get overdrive? i was looking at a '90 Cutlass Supreme sedan with a Quad-4 a few weeks ago, and that car only had a 3-speed auto...

joshua

didn't all V6 W-bodies with an auto get overdrive? i was looking at a '90 Cutlass Supreme sedan with a Quad-4 a few weeks ago, and that car only had a 3-speed auto...

joshua

Im pretty sure some of the Luminas with V6s came with the 3T40. At least it wouldnt suprise me, it is a Lumina after all:P

I did not edit shit I worded the post wrong I like the lemon factory comment, But don't want to say to much I may be attacked again

d00d! We're all just playing usually. That joke theard you started, I at least was being sarcastic in what I said and Im sure everyone else was too. No ones getting mad, just like to get under you skin a little and joke around with you

joshua

I didn't think any W-bodies recieved the Quad-4. Wouldn't that be like...the actual pace car if it had a Quad-4?

joshua

I didn't think any W-bodies recieved the Quad-4. Wouldn't that be like...the actual pace car if it had a Quad-4?

90 GPs and Cuttys got the shitty Quattro

Yesterday I was getting so pissed Every thing I wrote down was picked up went through a 150 point inspection and was spit out all over me for the stupidest things, I was even acused of saying something I didn't and then of editing to fix it. I'm better today with the V6 Luminas you did have the choice between the 3 and 4 speeds even with the Euros at least in 1990! :roll:

i got a 4speed overdrive. but its a 92 3.1L so what causes the tranny to jerk while shifting gears. Changed the tranny oil 100 km but still does this jerkin while u let off the gas or while shifting gears! Wtf is my problem??

Well folks, would a couple hundred pound difference really make that much difference?, i mean if thats the case, ill get a couple of friends to ride in the regal, and then race to see what happens lol, haha, not trying to start anything, just trying to get a laugh.....Regalized