My Cutlass Supreme won't start.

V1xIII

I have a 92' Cutlass Supreme, 3.1 engine. Ok, here's the story. For a few days prior to it breaking down, the voltmeter was reading power surges. The needle would be at it's usual 13, then jump up to 15-16 for a little while, everything would brighten, then it would go back to 13. Then one day it got worse, it would jump to 15-16 then if i got to a stop sign, it would dive a couple volts below 13 and everything would dim until I pressed the accelerator again.

Now the car is in my driveway unable to start. The car will crank and crank but will not turn over. I removed both the alternator and the battery (which are both relatively new) and had them tested at O-Reilley's, they were fine. Any ideas as to what is wrong?

i could be way off on this, but something to check into, can you hear the fuel pump? and could it be the crankshaft position sensor, i had my car broke down for 2 weeks over that one time....i hope this is some help, also check for burnt wires.....Regalized