fans

Cheesy411

Alright well yesterday me and my friends were taking pics of our cars. And when i got back in the car the temp guage was reading 200 degrees its never been that high. also the fans arent kicking in. its not getting to the point were the car is dangersouly hot. when im driving the car it goes back down to 175. maybee this is normal but i feel better when my car is running at 175.

Can anyone help

first...delete some of your posts!

i have no clue where the temp markers are...Olds didnt have them with the 3.1s, like the GPs did i think.

But, i can tell you....mine gets slightly above the top line when one fan kicks in. Anyone know what starts the other? I also read that the fans can run to cool the car while its off too

jon

they both don't wait till 230 to come on, the primary will come on before that, the secondary also comes on when the ac is turned one, primary on left secondary on right, sitting inside car.

My car usually runs at 200, but it probably heated up because there was less air moving through you bay while the car was sitting there. My fan turns on before 230, the other with the AC or whatever temp it supposed to kick in at. They do stay on when the car shuts off too sometimes.

Are you all going by the guage or what the ecm is actually seeing? The guage can be wrong and often is. Hookup a scantool if you have access to one, and record the temp at which the fan comes on. Just remember to have the A/C off when you do it. :) :) :)