Want a good audio system; need advice for audio experts...

GrandPrix34

Im going to buy a Solobaric L7 to start off...lol

What good front and rear speakers do you guys suggest?

how bout a potent enough amp to run the Solo and drive it the way its spose to be driven! 8)

*edit* just read about these:

Image Dynamics IDQ12 single 4 ohm subwoofers

and from the sound of it, they are the best :?: :!:

Well how much are you looking to spend. Are you willing to buy online? If you buy online u can save alot of coin. However for the speakers, people will suggest alot of different kinds but it's what sounds best to you. If you have friends with aftermarket speakers in their car have a listen, if not head to some local audio shops and have a listen. Also, are you going to amp the speakers or run them off the deck? Suggestion is get a good set of quality front speakers, amp them and then leave your stock speakers in. I don't know much on the L7, but from what I've heard it's not the best for SQ, however it does get loud. That is from what I hear. Anyways hope I helped somewhat.

the L7 is a good sub and the 15" with a jbl 1200.1 can it 145 something db in a mustang. for speakers alpine and infinity are good and if you amp the speakers get a good sound quality amp like alpine because you will be glad you did. the only problem with the L7's are you don't want to over power them that much and if you port them they need a subsonic filter because they can blow easy if you don't. so how much of this don't you understand?

well

where to start where to start.

as Bake82 said get out and listen to as much as you can. both in friends cars as well as in shops. things will sound different in shops as compared to in cars but it gives you a good idea.

when doing this inquire about power and crossover points. this will let you know if you can afford the power they have going to it or if they need to demo it with similar power that you can afford. corssover points are good to know too. if they have them crossed over low like 50 or 60 hz then that lets you know they can handle it and the sub will be playing sub freqs and not midbass freqs.

i could go on for days on this.

i would also recommend hitting some car audio forums and getting some info and stuff there.

iirc you are in texas?

well one of the car audio competition orgs has a big following of SPL and SQ cars. many are eager to help and give a listen as well.

that is usaci http://www.soundoff.org their forum is at http://www.carsound.com

now what kind of setup are you after?

better than stock?

great sound?

bumpin system?

what kind of tunes ya listen to?

all of these will play a role in what will work best for subs and speakers.

a partial list of manufacturers can be had here

http://groups.msn.com/TeamGatesEurope/linkstomanufacturers.msnw

might find something on there you like

nowadays there are many many brands to choose from.

the mainstream brands

kenwood

alpine

kicker

pioneer

mtx

mbquart

jl audio

rockford fosgate

clarion

eclipse

coustic

lightning audio

ma audio

phoenix gold

audiobahn

polk audio

amongst others

other brands

cdt audio

diamond audio

resonant engineering

elemental designs

crossfire

earthquake

memphis

arc audio

image dynamics

visonik

planet audio

precision power

either have alot of cash to test and try

or do the legwork before you buy.

holla back

Monty

have you listened to the kicker component speakers? i like them a lot and they are less expensive than a lot of speakers of similar quality.

you might want to consider getting all of your speakers in one place. the dealer is likely to give you a discount on a big system and go out of his way for you. Try to find a retailer that carries a number of well-regarded brands, and plan to buy everything there. this way you can listen to the speakers in the same store and hopefully on the same system to minimize variables between speakers. people have a very short memory when it comes to sound, so it helps to compare things in the same place at the same time.

good luck

back when i was rollin' in Rice (Civic) i had:

Alpine Deck

Infinity Kappa components inside

(2) JL 12W6V2

JL 1000/1 amp

i spent the extra money, but it was crystal clear and very loud for my taste. the rust didnt like me for it.

ive got kenwood 6909 6x9's in the rear, and infinity referance plate 4x6's in the front--4652cfp, 1600 watt amp running two infinity referance 12's, 1 farad lightining cap, sony es head, changer, xm. mine sounds absolutly beautiful to me. clean, crisp, deep.

You can't beat the Directed Audio components for price/performance/quality!!! There have even been some reviewers that said they prefer the sound of the Directed's over their reference speakers! There's a car audio place here in Winnipeg that sells these things and the owner let me listen to a set that he has in his car. Smoothest treble I have ever heard in a car... not to mention deep bass and mids that were just right! Overall AMAZING speakers.

WOW another one close to myself.

i live in thief river falls,MN

was up their last summer for a dbdrag.

forget the shops name. the major brands i recall are Kicker, directed and JL.

there was a durango full on custom install with directed. pretty tight.

Monty