W-Body Simliarites(not what you think)

scorpion_x9

Where I work we have monitors on display and use a screen saver to demonstrate them and I loaded one with shots of exotic cars. Well, I was examining the Lotus Eprit and looks to have some small charateristic of a w-body, kind of like a Grand Prix, Lumina, and Monte Carlo, more like a GP than any other thing, no offense to others. :) I have love for all Ws! 8)

8lotus-640.jpg

Sweet hood 89olds!! Did you make that or did you buy the whole thing? Youre not the same guy from cardomian I talked to a lot way back when are you???

I see the GP similarities in the lotus, but it does look a lot more like a fiero! GO PONTIAC!!!

Its a cowl hood scoop I got from summit. I put it on and used fiberglass and bondo to mold it into the hood as you see it. No havent talked to you before. Theres one other guy on cardomain that has a cowl on his cutlass and he did like I did on his. I cut two big holes on the underside of the hood to let heat out more then capture cold air like it suppose to. I havent had a chance to figure out how to run a tube threw the opening without taking a chance of sucking water in the intake when it rains. :D

they said if anything closer to a fiero gt

especially with the mid engine-rwd-2 seat features

.....but I can say that I have driven both the Fiero GT and a 1998 TT Lotus Esprit and the obviously is really no comparsion.....

First of all that looks very similar to a Lotus Esprit :lol: . The same Lotus Esprit that was used in "For Your Eyes Only" like 1981, long before the first Fiero which was much closer to the Fiat X1/9 of the early/mid seventies. This Esprit has more modern GFX and wings :roll: . In reality it looks like all european sports cars did in the 70's. Very wedgy, a nice look still, especially after the bambardment we are currently having with huge Kenworth grills and robot looking cars and suvs and crsuvs. Who ever made these designers think we would want cars that looked like the front of Dodge trucks ?

US designers of the mid late 80's and some of the 90's cars deserve alot of credit. They styled cars that stood alone, looked great and did not copy the Europeans. Cars like the W and H bodies as well as the Riv/Toro, and the Berretas, Cavaliers ect.. They used conventional US stlying with some of the sportyness of the sixties but with more aerodynamics and still retained there own look. The Fiero was nice because it did have the European wedge look but it still stood alone somewhat and was so nice to see something that wasnt square. The then new Camaros and Firebird were nice also, as well as the Vette. The 80's were great years for GM.

BUT that Esprit looks like an Esprit :D