Plugs and Wires

dkorinko

It's time for new plugs and wires on my car, and i thought i would upgrade them if i can....just wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations as to what they have used and what works good. If u can hook me up with a price/part number that would be cool too, thanks.

From Jeff M.'s trials he said that there wasn't really a better set that stock delco wires. Look for rapidfire #8 plugs, non-platinum tips, better heat conduction. Of course, others may disagree, but I run stock delco wires and #8's and it works just fine.

dkorinko...

TWalt bought a set of wires for the TGP I did the head work on and they look pretty damn trick, but I am not sure of the performance. They come from the factory with a fiber type heat shield at the boots and I think they are 8MM. I will be running his car this weekend so I will take a look and see who the manufacturer is... 8)

I am sorry but the only thing I will buy from Vato Zone or Pecker Boys is windshield washer fluid...and even then I try to find a 7-11 with it on sale! :lol:

I have always said...you get what you pay for... 8)

I will be going with NGK TR6 plugs and Magnecor 8.5 mm wires (which are already taylor fit to the 3.1) very shortly. Been shopping around for the best price on the wires. Found them as low as $74.

I've got Accel 8.8mm wires, and stock A/C plugs. I once had my 72 LeSabre on an oscilliscope w/ Accel SuperStock 7mm wires, then replaced it w/ some A/C stock 7mm wires from advanced Auto. The A/C plugs faired MUCH better than the Accel's, giving a better curve, and a higher peak voltage. I touched on this once before, but I can't find the post. :lol: And I OF COURSE, have the Accel's because they are yellow and look sweet ass under the hood of Black Sunshine. No pics up yet, but they should be in a couple days.

I will be going with NGK TR6 plugs and Magnecor 8.5 mm wires (which are already taylor fit to the 3.1) very shortly. Been shopping around for the best price on the wires. Found them as low as $74.

I am either going to go with that same set-up, or the MSD's...havent decided between the two yet? :?