Brake bleeding on 93 Lumina 4whl disk problems... help!

aaron7

My girlfriend just had new shocks put in her 93 Lumina Euro today, and the mechanic said that her back brakes were so bad that one of the pads were missing.

He said he replaced both rotors, calipers, and all 4 pads. But, being such a great mechanic... he couldn't bleed them right. He said he did it 3 times but the pedal still goes to the floor. :roll:

She has four wheel disk ABS brakes. Is there a special way to do this?

I had this problem when I did my brakes what you have to do is make sure the bleeder valves are facing up because air rises! And you have to bleed the far right the far left then right and then left and then the abs/master cylinder.

I just did my rear brakes & had a hard time adjusting the parking brake correctly to get the pedal at a good height . He probably doesnt know the procedure, you have to adjust the center of the pistons by running them out to give good initial pedal height then adjust the cable equalizer. Does the E- brake work at all ? I bet it wont hold the car will it . Mine works perfect now