og_silent

ok i just got a 91 cutty dohc 3.4 and it ran fine for a couple of days and now it doesnt wanna start. when i first got in the car i noticed inside the glove compartment there was an extra fuel injector i think thats what it is, but i said ok whatever. today i went for a drive and decided that i see how much power this car has so i step on it and of cours it takes off. ok well later i went to a friends house and parked , minded my own business and then i turned on the car when i was about to leave and i put it in reverse and it started shaking and just turned off, what happened? after that i thought my battery was dying out cuz i was having problems with the battery getting discharged. so i got a friend to jump start me but it wouldnt work, so i brought my other car, an el camino, and it started up my cutlass. but it still kept shaking and it sounded like shit, so i drive and try to step on it and it doesnt wanna go faster it just seems like it cuts off, and my car dies in front my house. next day i check the spark plug wires and only replaced one cuz it looked messed up but still wouldnt start. so i checked the plugs and they were pretty old so i changed 3 and still wouldnt start. so now im stuck, maybe u guys can help me.

i forgot to mention i heard a ticking noise when i first bought the car near the middle of the motor, are those injectors the three things sitting on the motor in the middle, could that be the problem?

Step 1: Remove timing belt inspection covers.

Step 2: See if Timing belt is shredded

Step 3: If timing belt is toast......cryThen goto step 4 - if not go to step 4

Step 4: Report back