Damn dimmer switch(lumina)

skalor

Ok, I just got this '90 Lumina a couple weeks ago and I just got everything sorted out with my turbo 3.1 swap that I did. After driving it the first time I noticed that none of the gauge lights work. The climate control lights are on, until I put on the parking lights then they go off completely. Now, this car has no stereo and it has two wires cut(yellow and orange w/ blue stripe). I was thinking that it might be the dimmer, but I'm unsure as I got another at the junkyard but it does the same thing. Anyone have any suggestions of what it might be. :)

Your dimmer wires for the backlighting are going to be grey and a brown w/ white stripe. Make sure those aren't shorted out and you should be ok. I screwed up the same thing on my old Lumina too, and replacing the headlight switch did the trick.

• 2 years later...

HAHA! Skalor doesnt even HAVE that car anymore! I think he sold it to Nick1234? AM I correct? :willynilly: :willynilly: :willynilly:

ANyway, Since its here, make sure you look at the years of the Lumina head light modules.. I'm not sure if anyone here in the community knows this or not, but the 90 Lumina headlight switch is the ONLY one that is different for the 90-94 run.. Also the most expensive of course :willynilly: I tried a 92 model light switch out, and it did the same damn thing Skalor described.. Hope this helps the next 3 am surfer! :willynilly:

I was getting all ready to answer the thread about how the 90 lumina uses a different dimmer/ headlight switch than the 91-94 Luminas...then I saw the date...lol :willynilly: