found a tgp

Cheesy411

well i stumbeled upon a tgp im going to try to buy it... i first saw it over summer it drove by and white smoke was comming out of exuast.. itts been sitting in her yard for like 6 months im going to make an offer. i cant stand seeing that Gp collecting dust and rust.. what mabye wrong with it??

well i stumbeled upon a tgp im going to try to buy it... i first saw it over summer it drove by and white smoke was comming out of exuast.. itts been sitting in her yard for like 6 months im going to make an offer. i cant stand seeing that Gp collecting dust and rust.. what mabye wrong with it??

How could we possibly tell you what's wrong with it? :wink: If it's pouring out white smoke(not due to condensation), then it may have a headgasket issue. If you make an offer and get to test drive it, make sure the brakes are operating properly....it also most likely has a cracked crossover pipe as most/all do w/ the factory crossover. Other than that, it's anyones guess as to what else *could* be wrong.

hahaha yea really well im going to make an offer soon i need to save a little more cash.. its red with tan interior its really sharp looking minus white smoke comming out of exuast

yup, white smoke usually means head gasket. but thats not hard to fix. plus, since its a 3.1 its very easy to work on in comparison to the LQ1. if you do the work yourself, replace other seals while youre at it. good luck with it! i always wanted a TGP!

• 3 months later...

well sunday i finally took the venture to talk to the lady about the TGP it is in great condition leather steas exterior is beatiuful has 185,000 miles on it and a blown turbo :( i still want it. she told me a story right after duaghter had died that the car had died her and her duaghter always used to crise in it she said and that she would do anything to drive it one last time.. i offred to fix it for her then she says you seem to be the only who knows alot about this car and would seem to care about like i have had and then she says you will be the one who ends up with it.. i dont know what she ment but i hope she calls so i can fix this car for her and give her the opportunity to drive it once again. her duaghter died last year at 26 and the lady is in her mid 70's

Wow, that's a sad story. Died at 26, that's too young!!!

The price? I think that's the most important thing here.

Sometimes blue (oil) smoke can look like white smoke at a glance. If it's oil smoke, chances are it's not a huge problem.

Turbo's are easy to replace, although they cost a few hundred $$$.

Sometimes blue (oil) smoke can look like white smoke at a glance. If it's oil smoke, chances are it's not a huge problem.

Turbo's are easy to replace, although they cost a few hundred $$$.

Could be just the oil return line is kinked or collapsed on itself. $5 fix and on his way... 8)

im waiting for her to call i have been thinking of out could be wrong. I remember when i was in the drivers seat all the guages were frozen from when the car shut off the oil pressure guage looked good same volt gauge etc the turbo guage was below zero i got a feeling that the problem is infact turbo related considering that the coolant level was high (normal)

anyways im not intrested in buying this car anymore im more intrested in fixing for this old lady.. does anyone know of anyone selling a TGP for cheap?

im waiting for her to call i have been thinking of out could be wrong. I remember when i was in the drivers seat all the guages were frozen from when the car shut off the oil pressure guage looked good same volt gauge etc the turbo guage was below zero i got a feeling that the problem is infact turbo related considering that the coolant level was high (normal)

anyways im not intrested in buying this car anymore im more intrested in fixing for this old lady.. does anyone know of anyone selling a TGP for cheap?

The turbo/boost gauge is going to read below zero until you're stepping on the gas and allowing the turbocharger to spool...below 0 on the gauge is vacuum(normal at idle and lower throttle conditions), above zero = boost.

Not to mention that the ecm doesn't allow boost in park or neutral, the car doesn't rev over 3200 or around there. And the factory boost gauge is inaccurate.