Need Some Head Help Quick

SmoothSteve3

Yeah.....so that title sounded a bit wrong......but on to my question-

I'm getting ready to do an upper engine rebuild on my 1990 chevy lumina 3.1 MPFI. I already know that 3 different generations of heads exist that would potentially fit my engine, but the 3rd gens. are ruled out since I'd have to get new headers, and all the crap that goes with them.

I've got a chance to buy a pair of rebuilt heads for 75 bucks plus shipping. The only hesistation i have, is that their casting number is completely foreign to me: 10154743

Does anybody know if these heads will work for my application, or if they will be an upgrade for my 3.1 lumina? I'm 99.9% sure that my car has the ghetto 1st gen. heads.....

Thanks!

SmoothSteve

ok then EURO i'll be the ass

First you unzip your fly, then whip it out, and put your hand firmly on the back of her head and guide her towards it making sure no teeth are gonna scrape and ENJOY! :lol: i know i;m a dick. JAY

First you unzip your fly, then whip it out, and put your hand firmly on the back of her head and guide her towards it making sure no teeth are gonna scrape and ENJOY! :lol: i know i;m a dick. JAY

Dammnit, you beat me to it. I wanted to say that so badly :(

Oh well, as long as it was said is cool wit me :lol: :lol:

I guess the Lumina guys are the ones with the sickest minds around here :twisted:

I guess the Lumina guys are the ones with the sickest minds around here :twisted:

[jokeattempt] I guess something had to be wrong with their minds if they bought Luminas!! [/jokeattempt]

[jokeattempt] I guess something had to be wrong with their minds if they bought Luminas!! [/jokeattempt]

easy there buddy!!!! watch your step this is lumina territory.

I know a lot of people joke about em, why? is it cuz they are so big? same motors as other w's,roomy, ride like a caddy, I don't get it. There has only been one fucker to say shit about my car. only one!

I don't know what heads those are, but if you can find some with casting # 10087511, they have a better shaped combustion chamber.

They are what's used on 89 3.1's and all TGP's.

Guest TurboSedan
say the name "Grand Prix" and pronounce the X when you say it. :D

when i was a really little kid, i used to say it like that! that is until my mom started getting mad at me :lol: i was totally clueless

joshua

I have pretty much the whole top end off a 3100 for sale(minus the pushrods, gaskets, and bolts) for $100 plus shipping. Its the heads, intake plenums, and everything minus what i stated. Also, no EGR.

I have pretty much the whole top end off a 3100 for sale(minus the pushrods, gaskets, and bolts) for $100 plus shipping. Its the heads, intake plenums, and everything minus what i stated. Also, no EGR.

He said he'd ruled out the 3rd gen parts. :wink: