Tow Hooks??

OldsmoBeast

hey y'all.... do our cars have tow hooks anywhere?

I know this is a rediculous question, and i'll prolly eventually get off my fat ass to go look, but i remember my mom's old volvo having had a little tow loop and my dad's Lexus has one in the front and one in the back, but I don't recall ever seeing one while under the Cutlasses.....probably because i wasn't paying attention, but does anyone know for sure? the reason i'm asking is because i spent the better part of my day helping people get out of snow....a lot of people in my town were having trouble because their cars were stuck in the snow!! (6 out of the 7 were ladies :roll: ) but there was ONE incident where i couldn't get this dude's neon off of the freaking snow by driving the thing....and i wished i had a tow rope!! (I honestly wish I had a Jeep TJ Sahara or Renegade with an electric winch, but a tow rope and hook will hold me for now)...so before i go spent the $17.99 at Canadian Tire on an 5000 lb. towing rope, I need to know if there's going to be something to hook it into on my 97 :wink:

Thanks everyone

YK

In the Lumina's owners manual it tells u about two spots with wholes for two hooks. There on the back wheel wells behind the tires at the bottom of the car. But I would never trust that its on like a 1/16" thick piece of metal!

I didn't have any problems using a tow rope through the jack pad in the middle of the rear axle.

Whatever you do, don't hook anything to the suspension arms. I have no idea why, but people tend to want to pull W-bodies using those transverse arms and they ALWAYS bend. My sister got stuck in a ditch once and the tow truck guy did just that. It bent the arm pretty bad. That car ended up becoming my stepbrother's car. While he had it, the arm completely broke and he lost control while driving and he nearly wrecked.

these are cars not trucks that's why. j/k but really that's prolly why the factory didn't care, that's not something they contemplate when designing the car. they want u fo phuck something up so u can come back to their dealership and pay them more to fix it. cars sure as hell aren't made like they used to be. my 76 Impala, that summabeeyatch gets jacked up by its bumpers, try that with cars today. that thing didn't have tow hooks either but many a time I just hooked a chain anywhere I wanted to and pulled out all kinds of sheeyat, even a 4wd ford one time, that guy thought I was jokin' when I stopped to help him, his facial expression changed real quick when I got that piece o' junk outta the slushy ditch

I think there is a hook hole in the front, on the right side, underneath of the bumper. Its not a control arm, its part of the frame. The hole is about the size of my fist.