Feels weird being a newbie again :/

n8_

Newly acquired 94 Cutlass Supreme 4 door with 93k. I'm already familiar with the 3100 and most GM stuff as I used to own a 95 Beretta Base model. I recently sold my 96 Aurora, and for some reason scooped up the Cutty. That's enough for now I suppose. Oh, don't worry, I know where the search button is :)

car4.jpg

Not the greatest angle, but it's all I got (dealer pic)

Yeah Chris I know ya :) I had browsed over here a few times, but didn't really consider joining till ya said something.

And yeah..Illiana. I just moved from Effingham IL to West Lafayette IN. I drive back and forth a lot (10k on my last car in a couple months). I wish you'd bring your Terra Haute gas prices up here to Lafayette. They're crazy around here..one day they jumped $0.28 in the morning, dipped $0.12 around lunch, and back up $0.15 on my way home from work :x

!!!! Thats crazy! They usually raise prices when they now college is letting out, usually raising it like a quarter or something. Its still high though, like 1.65 for medium or something like that

Sweet..lots of Cutty owners I see :) Maybe you guys can answer a question for me. Do the suspension parts from RSM fit a 4 door? I know the performance parts will considering the engine is no different from other 3100 cars.

Had my first repair adventure. Shaky, loss of power, and just overall in a bad mood. Replaced plugs (wow..I'm seriously posting pics when I get a chance, they were the nastiest I've ever seen, one had NO gap at all) and it ran good for about an hour then went back into bad mood mode. Olds dealer diagnosed it as an ignition coil and replaced it. She's running smoother than ever..now I just hope it stays that way :D

Oh yeah, for you 4 door owners with tint - how much did it set you back on tint? I've found one shop that will touch the back window, and they want $399 for all around :x

*EDIT - SigEpCutlass - on your site you talk about getting a chip. I've been out of the 3100 loop for a while, but have they started making us a chip now?

He is looking to buy an f-body when he gets outta debt, his retta has been giving him issues (shitty fwd gm cars, who'd of guessed).

I got that pic from a local site, it isnt photochopped, hes rollin on 28s. I try to change the sig pic ever month or so, i just happen 2 like a monster cutty.

-Jeff

Yeah, it doesn't look chopped. I just showed it to a friend and he refuses to believe that it's real. I thought my Beretta had problems..then I bought an Olds Aurora. The only thing that was not "Dealer Only" on that car is putting gas in it..and that's premium so it's expensive too! I even had to take it to the dealer for a headlight change, and they had problems with it too. I guess that would classify as "(shitty fwd gm cars..." but you'd expect a bit more from an Aurora than a Beretta..right?

Wow, if I keep posting on my own topic I'll have that Newbie rating changed to Post whore in no time :oops:

remind me, the Aurora is the fwd v8 thing? pain in the ass 2 work on but screws pretty good when ya get on it. that pic is real, end of story. My tgp needs 91 octane, but since im not driving her yet, she isnt gettin anything.

-Jeff

Yeah, 4.0 DOHC..it'd get up and go. Plagued with problems though. Mine ran good except one bad mood one morning. Most of that generation have oil leaks like crazy, eat alternators for breakfast, and have a $12 traction control part that is sandwiched just right between the engine/tranny that it requires dropping the tranny to even see it that likes to go bad often. Mine guzzled gas, was expensive at everything (7 quart oil changes suck monkey balls) and had an unfixable shake/shimmy at interstate speeds (common problem, mounts I think? although other Aurora owners replacing these, tires, and almost every suspension part never fixed it)...if it wasn't for the heated leather it would have been sold day 3 of owning it.

I'm thinkin bout picking up a 95 Metro for kicks :)

91 octane eh? Can't say I've ever seen it. 87/89/92 and an occasional 93 is what I see around here.

gas selection if great around here, but its like $1.65 for 87 which SUCKS but hey, cant do anythin bout that.

we have 87, 89, 91, 93 and 94, all at the shell station. 1 guy here does 108 octane, but its like $5.50 a gallon.

-Jeff

108? Why? I had a friend with a custom turbo setup on his Del Sol that thought he'd be cool and put like 10 bottles of octane boost in his tank..he seriously thought he'd go faster :roll:

haha..yeah, just slap it right on there. Slap one on my 3100 while you're at it, maybe we'll even do a 'quick' rebuild! The Del Slo got 20hp off of a Turbo emblem he bought at the Mid America Porche swap meet. I actually found it pretty creative for a self proclaimed ricer.

lol my turbo grand prix came with a turbo, your 3100 is running in the area of 10:1 compression, boost it and well....

some dude with a retta did that, made it 40 miles and it blew, i forget though who it was.

I got 90 horsepower from randomlly placed stickers (door jams, under hood) stickers.

-Jeff

lol my turbo grand prix came with a turbo, your 3100 is running in the area of 10:1 compression, boost it and well....

some dude with a retta did that, made it 40 miles and it blew, i forget though who it was.

I got 90 horsepower from randomlly placed stickers (door jams, under hood) stickers.

-Jeff

Actually its 9.5 and given the better exhaust and intake flows of the GenIII, boosting at stock CR is okay. Just dont get crazy with it