leak only when cold

godofthunder

Ok...car hasnt been started since last saturaday...but did today.

On theground, right under oil filter, theres a few drops of oil, no bigger than a quarter. On the filter, small line of driped oil on the top. If I look up at where the filter is on the block, its a little wet...but nothing uncomon (really...any car has tiny leaks).

Asked my dad...he says its prob just remaniants of stuff that was up there (when we wiped down the underbody (of what leaked from greesemonkey), we didnt wipe up in there).

He also said he looked at the oil pressure sensor...which looked fine (that was actually one of his first ideas).

Im currious...i know some cars have o-rings and what not arround there, but talking to him....we dont really have that. Is there something that could be leaking...only when cold (as in somethings compressing?)

Or...am I just being a worry-wart over every slight leak?

jon

See...thats how my previous change was...the oil filter wasnt on there just right.

I dont think it can really be that way again...it looked fine, and we took our time. And i just had it changed, like a week ago.

jon