HELP!!! I can't get my drivers door open or closed!!!

dbtk2

Almost a week ago I washed the STE(and didn't think about it being 5 degrees outside), well I got home pulled it in the garage and dried out all the door jams and all that good stuff, then pulled it back outside. I went to get in it later to give my friend a ride home and my drivers door wouldn't open (of course every other door would), but it was open just far enough for the dome light to be on. At this point it wouldn't close far enough for the dome light to go off either. When I pulled the door handle it was like it was locked, it would never catch. So I put my battery charger on it all night so the battery wouldn't go dead and drove it to school in the morning. Since I am in an Autotech class, I brought it in and we messed with it for an hour and a half and got the door open, and then when we closed the door it opened again, and it has worked since then. So yesterday we got a lot of snow and I moved my car to the other side of the driveway so I could snowblow the area it was parked in. When I got out of the car, I closed the door and it didn't latch, so it bounced back open when I closed it. So I closed it enough that it wasn't hanging open, and when I got done snowblowing I messed around with it and got it close enough to latch, but it still wouldn't catch if you closed it normally, you had to close it slowly so it wouldn't try to bounce back, and the door wouldn't close far enough for the dome light to turn off. So I put a piece of cardboard where the switch is for the domelight so it would turn off, and then after using the door about twice after that, it started to latch how it was supposed to.

So my friend and I drove over to his girlfriends house and then we took his girlfriends car and went to see a movie. When we got back to her house I had to go home, so I went to get in my car and the door wouldn't open. So I went around to the other side and unlocked it and got in, then moved over to the other side, and the door was doing the same thing as before. (not opening or closing enough for the dome light to go off, even with the cardboard still in there) When I got home, the door opened up just fine (at this point I am VERY confused). So I went to get in my car again to drive to another friends house, and my driver door wouldn't open, it was doing the same thing, the handles weren't catching or anything. So I got in the passenger side and drove there, and when I went out to get in the car it was the same way. So I drove home and that is how it sits right now. The door won't open, or close enough for the dome light to go off. I have no idea what I can do, because I know the problem is going to keep coming up, but right now I am just worried about getting my dome light off.

Any suggestions. At this point I am clueless as to what to do, and I am REALLY frusterated, so please help.

Thanks,

Shawn

I went outside and tried to get it open again, and found something very odd. I locked the door and then unlocked it again to make sure it was completely unlocked, but when I was doing this, the dome light flashed really quick, this made me even more confused. So I messed around with the lock and if I put it in the exact right spot in between locked and unlocked, the dome light will go off. It is very precise, and it is difficult to get it into that spot, but I put it in that spot and then left it that way and hopefully it will stay that way until I can figure out how to fix it. But that makes me think the problem has to do with the locks or something. It is confusing me, thats for sure.

If you have any ideas or suggestions let me know.

Shawn