car audio ideas

godofthunder

Eclipse is really badass. I went a caraudio store and said what is the best 6x9 for the bass and the said eclipse.

you could always get Kicker 6x9 Freeair Subwoofers for the rear deck.....I used to have a pair in my old GTP and they thumped pretty damn good for 6x9's

For your head unit, if you're going to install it yourself anyway, I'd REALLY recommend Crutchfield.com over BB. It will generally be the same price, but no tax, and the last time I ordered, they waived shipping for orders over $200. But the real key is the freebies-

Wiring harness

Antenna adapter

Install kit (to convert from factory DIN1.5 to DIN)

Step-by step instructions

BB will charge you another $50-$75 for that stuff.

Well...got it

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/product/product.jsp?productTypeId=20&sortBy=price&pageId=3&productId=2492

KDC-MP522.

I was looking at the 422...but the only one they had was the demo. Everything was on clearance, this was only 170. Crutchfeild is overpriced, to me. They want 250 (list price). It was the same for everything else (overpriced)

Its really cool, mp3, everything. I also got a 4 year plan, if anything breaks, i get a new one for free. I also got all the extra stuff, wasnt that much more (only about $30-40).

So....im splicing the wires tongiht...doing the install either tommrow, sunday, or next week. Then, my CD/Tape, etc is up for sale!

thanks for yalls help guys! Im going to keep the stock speakers for now i think.

Jon

by splicing i am hoping you got the wire harness and not cutting wires to put it in your car.

other than that glad you got something.

give it sometime and mayb give us a short review of it.

Monty

oh no... i mean splicing the GM harness to the Kenwood one.

I would never cut off the orig on. The crosfuck that I bought my ciera from did that...after 3 insalls (upgrading, changing, etc)....the wires were barley accesable!

jon

yeah...i have no CLUE how this thing is controled. Im going to read the manual tommrow. Shit load of buttons.

I have about 10 MP3 CDs. I have a port. MP3CD player before I got my new 128MB Rio. For example...i have the whole KISS box set on 1 CD.