Quick Question about the coolant level gauge...

Cornerdealy

Well, if anyone read my other topic, my coolant level gauge fell out and all the coolant leaked out with it. I brought it to a mechanic because i didnt know what the problem was at the time and they fixed it. Well, it happened again today, and the mechanic wanted to put a whole new radiator in because he thought that because the stock one is plastic, the part that the gauge screws in to is worn out.

Well my father took a look at it and he thought that there should be a clip on the gauge itself that should snap onto the lip that the radiator where the gauge goes in, but it's not there, and we figured that as the pressure built up, it popped the gauge out. The gas station ordered us a new gauge, but i just wanted to be sure that a metal clip of some kind belongs there on the gauge. It's kind of hard to explain, but if anyone could take a look it would be a lot of help.

dangit...i have tons of close ups of my engine when my water pump went out. Unf...none from the bay. Id go check now..but shes under 4" of snow...and 1" of ice...

jon