anyone interested in a LED 3rd brake light?

phantomFE3

im gonna put together some LED 3rd brakelights for our cars, im not sure but which w-bodies came with the 3rd brake light on the inside of the car un the bottom of the rear window, thats where mine is. i imagine there are more with it there. they would probably be a 10 LED light panel that would be in place of the old regular colored glass and light bulb, the LED light would be alot better looking i think, let me know if you would be interested, im not sure on the price yet it would probably be around 20-30 bucks depending on how i get it set up, as far as matching the interior colors or i might just have it with a solid black shell instead of carpet. i would just like to get an idea of anyone would be interested in these, thanks

edit: i forgot to mention that these would be alot brighter than the stock 3rd brake lights as well

yeah the LEDs well last alot longer than regular bulbs, can LEDs even burn out under regular use? if they do it takes a long ass time, theres an LED in the CB in my dads old blazer that still lit up, the blazer came with it in 79, and after all those years it still worked

I think LED's last upwards of 1,000,000 hours.

I forgot to say in my last post, but how similar are the rear window 3rd brakelighs compared to a spoiler/luggage rack 3rd brake light?

I think LED's last upwards of 1,000,000 hours.

I forgot to say in my last post, but how similar are the rear window 3rd brakelighs compared to a spoiler/luggage rack 3rd brake light?

yeah thats around 114 years lol! im not quite sure about the 3rd bl on the spoiler, i havent gotten a good look at one, ill look on cardomain and compare, but what do you mean? like size wise? anyone have any pictures of the spoiler/luggage rack 3rd brake light?

Luminas have the 3rd BL on top. Would it still be able to fit?

im not completely sure but i can certainly make a 3rd brake light for a lumina, or a grand prix, or a cutlass. if anyone wants to take a gamble on one email DBperf@hotmail.com for information. i havent made one yet, im waiting for my next paycheck to get the materials for it and then ill whip one up and take pictures and give you guys an idea on what the price is gonna be

depending on if the lenses are all the same (would they be?) on all the 3rd brake lights, ill probably just go to the JY and find old lenses and use them as templates or even just use the lense itself and paint it and sand it if its not smooth and use that as the base for it and just attach the LEDs and circuitry and everything, so they would be universal, that is if all the lenses are universal...

I made one for my Lumina.. I may make some for Lumina owners if the demand is high enough to keep the cost low. Let me know..

i just said i can make some for the lumina and other w-bodies, its covered man, dont worry about it

yeah the one on the inside is shorter and taller, if you wanted i could go to the junkyard or you could send me yours and i could take it and put in a row of LEDs with a clear plastic cover, that would look pretty sweet, it will probably be more expensive than the $6/piece lightbulbs that go in there, but think of it this way- it will look 10 times cooler and the lights will never burn out. PM and we'll talk about this, if you want to do that or have me make you an inside the cab 3rd brake light

anyone with a lumina on hand right now, whats the width of the 3rd brake light.......we have a focus brake light we tore apart with LED's that we are going to use for our racecars brake light....I couldnt see why I couldnt just rip one apart from the JY.

i could be interested when i get back for an LED setup under the spoiler of my Grand Prix GTP. i think it would look hella nice with a bunch of LEDs behind the lens. kinda like the '94-'97 Thunderchickens tail lamps

i could be interested when i get back for an LED setup under the spoiler of my Grand Prix GTP. i think it would look hella nice with a bunch of LEDs behind the lens. kinda like the '94-'97 Thunderchickens tail lamps

send me a PM or email at dbperf@hotmail.com when your ready for me to do some LED work for you!