Speed limiter

calys968

most FWD GM cars up to 93 were 112MPH because that was the speed rating of the tires they used from the factory. My beretta was 112, my moms 92 grand prix is 112. my lumina I dunno, i can get it past the 115 mark.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong. It's 117mph, I've tried it on two seperate 1989 CS's. Once in a blue moon you'll hear of people with a car that doesn't, but I can't see how GM would forget to limit some. And what's up with you people why not just find a deserted highway and find out???

Guest TurboSedan
And what's up with you people why not just find a deserted highway and find out???

that's exactly what i did. my car reached 117mph and would not go any higher than 117mph. i bounced off of 117 twice in a row. btw, i am running a '90 Grand Prix 3.1/5-speed memcal in my '91 CS.

joshua

And what's up with you people why not just find a deserted highway and find out???

Thats the whole problem. Its very hard to find a good place to test it out. Interstates are out of the question because of cops/traffic, and two-lane middle-of-nowhere roads are in such bad condition, I wouldn't dare run above 70.

that's exactly what i did. my car reached 117mph and would not go any higher than 117mph. i bounced off of 117 twice in a row. btw, i am running a '90 Grand Prix 3.1/5-speed memcal in my '91 CS.

joshua

mine bounced off 120 about 5 times in a row on ice

i bet there is a small difference in each car, m z34 is supposed to shut off at 120, but when i had my stock chip in is i've had it past 120. with the chip in it, well a little faster then that... :twisted: :twisted:

I'm guessing that that is only because your tires are spinning up so quickly that by the time the car cuts fuel your tires have hit 120. Get it out on a road and you'll drop at 117 I bet.

I'm guessing that that is only because your tires are spinning up so quickly that by the time the car cuts fuel your tires have hit 120. Get it out on a road and you'll drop at 117 I bet.

actually i kept it at 119 for about 10 seconds and whenever it would hit 120 about half a second or a second later it would bounce back down to about 116, i stopped because i wore through the ice and was smokin em on the concrete underneath