DIC Wiring Diagram

Robby1870

So, I just won a DIC from a 91 GP on ebay for a $1.00. I really need a description of what each wire does and where it goes to, or a wiring diagram for one. Im assuming my base model doesnt have the plug behind the dash. Ive never looked, but I really doubt it. Thanks

Nope, didnt know that was there. That should be all I need, minus the rear support for it and the plug :?

PS: Dave, I should be able to get your money in the mail tomorrow. I'll prolly do the get well card thing, lololol

Somebody looking for ME :?: :?: :?: :shock:

Yeah, sorta. I just a 91 DIC, the one like you installed. Ive already got a console to mount it with, I just need to get the back piece and the clip that plugs into it. Those diagrams are very helpful. Shouldnt be too hard. But, Im hoping the plug is stuffed back in my dash and stuff, although I doubt it. I dont have ABS, so I just dont wire that stuff up, right? Any other tricks to doing it?

It's explained on my site .. You don't have to cut ANY wires if you get the entire DIC harness out of a 88-93 GP 2 door. One end of the connector plugs into the C200 Firewall connector and the other end plugs into the DIC..

At the C200, the connector can be deattached WITHOUT cutting the wires. So all you would need to do is lay in the harness and plug in your DIC. And while you are out looking for a DIC harness, you can grab the back piece you need along with the clips and all. I have the harness removal and install instrutions if you need em. (Not on the site yet.)

• 4 months later...
It's explained on my site .. You don't have to cut ANY wires if you get the entire DIC harness out of a 88-93 GP 2 door.

At the C200, the connector can be deattached WITHOUT cutting the wires.

Unfortuately I can't find a 2-dr with DIC to get the harness.

My DIC came out of a '90 STE so the harness had to be cut to get it out, I did however manage to get the C200 connectors I just need to confirm their wiring as the are some duplicate colors.

Any help there would be appreciated!

Guest Anonymous

Will this be going into a 94-96 or the 88-93? I dont want to boast but I did do a pretty good job modding the older DIC unit into a 95 GP :D

Anyway, the wiring for these is VERY easy just as long as you have a harness that goes into the DIC itself. Don't fret, Dave's pin# charts are all you need to get it in...

Badflash...

You really need a 2 DOOR DIC harness.. I'll see if I can find you one.. There seems to be a sudden demand for those. :shock: :lol:

Becuz the STE 's are a different animal... The DIC wiring goes all over the place on the STE's C200. Not on just one row. There's a shitload of other wiring tired into it that I would rather not get into. Your best bet as I have said before, is to pull the entire DIC Harness out of a 88-93 2 door GP that had the DIC in it. The 88-93 DIC harness is on a single connector that goes into slot 9 (far right side) of the C200.

Ok I got the DIC harness from a 2-door today but when I went to put it in I find there are only 2 wires on the male side of the c200 (i think 9L,9N), the gp had 13.

So what do I do now? It would seem using the 2-dr harness is not a guaranteed fix for everybody, damn base Lumina.

So back to where I started :?

Can someone explain to me how the 2 dimmer lines need to be hooked up??

Badflash.. read the Harness install on my site.. You have to REMOVE the existing harnes BEFORE adding the DIC one.

Don't mean to be rude but like I wouldn't have thought of that, LOL!!

You're site contains no information that will help me, I've been through it all.

I'm not talking about the female side of the c200 where the DIC would plug in I'm talking about the male side of the c200 where the signals would come from. My car was not wired to accept the DIC so there is nothing for wiring in place, so having the new harness does absolutely nothing to help me get this working, I could plug it all in and it still wouldn't work.

I'm going to have to wire it into the car where ever the necessary source's can be found.

HOW DO THE 2 DIMMER LINES HAVE TO BE HOOKED UP? What are their functions? This is all I need to know.

I know where to hook everything else to but I want to do everything at once as I intend to make a custom harness to supply the DIC.

OK I see what you mean... Man Chevy was cheap.. All GP had all the wiring on the male side of the C200... That's really werid..

The GP's had 2 positions on the dimmer switch, hence why the DIC used 2.

You need to check the GM Service Manual for your year Lumina to see how your dimmer switch is wired up.

If you can post the wiring diagram for the Lumina's Dimmer switch, I might be able to help you. But I would need to compare the Lumina's to the GP.. Not the PIN #'s but the internal working of the diagrams to be able to tell you where to hook it to...

I don't think the wiring was there cause the DIC/DIS was never an option on the lumina's, I just hoped that it would be there. Atleast it was for the pwr locks/windows I just added.

Ok I think I get what you mean by the two position dimmer. In the lumina you have a range that adjusts brightness then a solid on (full briteness)position the next position turns on the interior lights.

So if I'm understanding this correctly, one lead should go to the dimmer line, the second line should go to the 2nd on position.

Does that sound about right?

If so which one goes where "E" = Dimmer "F"=on or vice-versa.

I was just getting frustrated cause no one was listening to me, and kept giving me other solutions which wouldn't help me, no offence intended, but do you get what I mean.

I don't have a service manual anymore (car stolen) and don't really have the money to buy a new one right now.

Any chance you can tell me how it works on your car and so I can figure it out on my car.

Dimmer lead "E" connects to what function on your GP?

Dimmer lead "F" connects to what function on your GP?

This is about the only way I can do it right now unless someone has a Lum service manual.

Guest Anonymous

jeremy, I would assume your 95-97 cutty's interior is the same as my 95 GP's... which kind of DIC do you want to add? I have an 89 GP dic in and am working on a 95 as well. very simple to wire, PIA to mod into the dash. Gearhead's wiring diagrams/PIN charts help the best.