Aftermarket Wheels

Joker099

Hey y'all, first time poster here. I got a question on some aftermarket rims... I have a 93 Z with stockers on her. The ones I'm looking at are 17x7 with a bolt pattern of 5x114.3 and a 43 offset. I've heard the bolt pattern isn't really a prob but the offset is what worries me. Any hope that I can get these babys on there? And would it require any modifying? Thanks in advance.

That offset is probably acceptable, I've used +42mm on a Cutlass with no problems. My 89 also has +44mm stock.

You might have some rubbing if you go with anything fatter than a 225-tire, but that also depends on how much sidewall you go with.

Hey y'all, first time poster here. I got a question on some aftermarket rims... I have a 93 Z with stockers on her. The ones I'm looking at are 17x7 with a bolt pattern of 5x114.3 and a 43 offset. I've heard the bolt pattern isn't really a prob but the offset is what worries me. Any hope that I can get these babys on there? And would it require any modifying? Thanks in advance.

GM uses 5X115mm, which I'm sure you know and many people have used 5X114.3mm wheels on them. The difference is very small, but I think that lugs & studs are going to be loaded in a way that was not intended. The seat of the lug nuts will have more of a point load than a uniform load. Whether it is enough to make a difference, I don't know. Make sure the aftermarket wheels come with hubcentric rings. These have an outer diameter that fits the center bore of the wheel and an inner diameter that fits over the hub on the car. Without these, a wheel with a larger center bore will be riding on the studs instead of the hub. They also make it easier for the wheel to be perfectly centered (not centered = bad vibration). Usually the wheel manufacturer has them available, but you could probably get them elsewhere (do a internet search).

As for the offset, I'm not sure, but I think stock is high +30's mm (38?). If that's true, a +43mm offset wheel would be tucked in slightly. That's a very small difference and probably won't cause problems, especially since the wheels are 7" wide. You'd have to physically check them.

i got 17 white motegis im thinking of trading in because i have to use a spacer to bolt them on and i dont feel safe using on my car. im looking at some wheels now trying to find ones that bolt right up, american racing torq thrust if poss. also i found some enkeis i like too. any ifo on companies that have wheels for our w-bodys.

I have heard the newer mustangs bolt pattern is the same as our w bodys if thats true and the offset will work you could use their torque thrust wheels they put on from the factory. Anybody know for sure?

Mustang bolt pattern is not the same, it's 5x4.5" (5x114.3mm) but it's REALLY close and should fit fine.

Lexus, Acura, Maxima, and tons of other cars also have a 5x4.5" bolt pattern.

i got 17 white motegis im thinking of trading in because i have to use a spacer to bolt them on and i dont feel safe using on my car. im looking at some wheels now trying to find ones that bolt right up, american racing torq thrust if poss. also i found some enkeis i like too. any ifo on companies that have wheels for our w-bodys.

those wheels in 18s would be perfect for that car. those are the wheels i wanted for my car DAMN THYE LOOK GOOD

5x115mm is 5x4.75 not 5x4.5

??????

1" = 25.4mm

115mm(1"/25.4mm) = 4.53"; 115mm = 4.53"

4.5"(25.4mm/1") = 114.3mm; 4.5" = 114.3mm

4.75"(25.4mm/1") = 120.65mm; 4.75" = 120.65mm

GM = 5"x4.75"

Most GM FWD = 5X110mm or 5X115mm

Most GM RWD = 5X4.75" or 5X5"

I have to do it, I need the money.

MIne are for sale!!! 17" Mondera Spyder Chrome rims with 225/45/17 Falken Ziex tires all for $700. That's the lowest im going, and im losing out $800 on these.

373899_3.jpg

ok 5x115mm is 5x4.75 not 5x4.5.......... i had Iroc wheels bolted up but they hit the fenders when you tried to turn. GM = 5"x4.75"

The 3rd gen. F-body still had a 5X4.5" bolt pattern.

ok 5x115mm is 5x4.75 not 5x4.5.......... i had Iroc wheels bolted up but they hit the fenders when you tried to turn. GM = 5"x4.75"

The 3rd gen. F-body still had a 5X4.5" bolt pattern.

I'm pretty sure 3rd gen F-body is 5x4.75".

All GM midsize RWD's have been 5x4.75" for decades.

If 3rd gen wheels fit a W-body, they must have had really big lug holes.

I have heard the newer mustangs bolt pattern is the same as our w bodys if thats true and the offset will work you could use their torque thrust wheels they put on from the factory. Anybody know for sure?

The other day, I was wondering how those rims would look in my Cutty. The pattern will fit and the offset should be ok as well....anyone good at photoshop

Well, I just happen to work at Les Schwab Tires. So all of you looking to buy some bad ass wheels and tires should go there. Also, I have a bolt pattern of 5/115mm which there is almost nothing available for that pattern. The good thing is like many of you on here have said a 5/4.5in (5/114.3mm) pattened wheel will fit just fine. I know its not exact, but we are really talking about a nats ass here, its less than a millimeter. Believe me you don't have to worry about the fit. As far as being able to tell what will fit on your car in a 17x7. A previous poster was right, it just depends on the amount of side wall you go with on the tire. Then there is always some trimming you can do to the car to make them fit if you have to, but thats up to you. You should really just go to a shop, and have them bolt one on for you along with a tire (Toyo Proxes!!). Most tire shops will do this for free, and if they don't, then go to Les Schwab. Fitting one to your car will ensure that the wheels are going to fit without hitting on anything (the strut, the caliper, ect.). It will give you a good idea of what size tire to run, and you can also see how the wheels are going to look on the car. Hope this help. :)